JB7988 is offline New Member

lagging chest help

hey guys,

I've been training for a littel over 2 years now seriously and have made very nice advancements im pleased with everything so far except for my chest. As far as strength and hardness im satisfied it is mostly shape im not satisfied with. No matter how hard i try i cannot fill out that roud horseshoe shape completely. I would love any advice or tips on how to assist that thank you.

THis is my current routine for chest.

Bench: 4 sets heavy
    Incline: 4 sets heavy
    decline dumbbell: 3 sets medium to high rep
    Flys: 3 sets high rep
    dips: 3 sets high rep

I appreciate it.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One week start with incline bench and the next start with flat bench. Switch it up with dumbells and barbells. Next, do weighted dips for 8-12 reps. This exercise has been one of the most important in my chest development. Also, I don't believe declines need to be done every week. You can rotate them and flyes if you want.

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    It looks like you have a pretty well rounded chest routine, although 17 sets may be a little excessive. Could be that you're overtraining and slowing down your progress. Maybe instead of doing flat and incline, just stick with one or the other for while, or alternate between the 2. Also, 2 years of training really isn't that long. Be patient and be persistant and the gains will come.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    2 years is not a very long time to be training, keep hitting it from a variety of angles and give it time. Agree with above, 17 sets is excessive.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    It might just be the way your chest is shaped bro, not everyone has that arnorld look.

I'm having slow chest gains also so I feel your pain bro. All we can do is keep puttin in work. Get mad at it, slow reps, focus on the chest keep those elbows out.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    ^^^ True, you cant change your insertion points.

Thread Information