F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Tom Platz knows squat

After watching the video of Tom Platz busting out countless reps with heavy weight I thought about my form and how I could adjust it based on this video.

I noticed he uses a narrow stance, about shoulder width, toes pointing out and head looking way up. Then he proceeds to do rep after rep of ass to heel squats.

I find that getting low is much easier with Tom's style of squatting. I've been doing this instead of my usual wider stance and head slightly up and its working wonders. I've never felt as much stretching and deep muscle soreness before. Give it a shot.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Absolutely I have always varied my SQUATS myself... kinda like wide grip and close grip Bench Presses... i feel as though it targets different areas of the muscle... THE SQUAT is my fave exercise !! It sucks that I have had to take it easy on them since i herniated L4-L5 disk. I will rehab and be BACK to it in no time though !!!

P.S.- Tom Platz Legs are from a different dimension altogether hahaha

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    After watching the video of Tom Platz busting out countless reps with heavy weight I thought about my form and how I could adjust it based on this video.

I noticed he uses a narrow stance, about shoulder width, toes pointing out and head looking way up. Then he proceeds to do rep after rep of ass to heel squats.

I find that getting low is much easier with Tom's style of squatting. I've been doing this instead of my usual wider stance and head slightly up and its working wonders. I've never felt as much stretching and deep muscle soreness before. Give it a shot.
    Those in the strength game call those Olympic squats. By that we mean closer stance to focus more on quad strength and higher on the back. Wider stance (powerlifting style squats) put more focus on hip, back, and glute/ham strength than olympic squats that is why you see more weight moved in that style because it incorporates more muscles.

Jakspro is offline Member
    I love me some squats. I still get a good burn in my hams when I do Oly squats. I think it has to do with going deep and low - Any time you get that low you put emphasis on the hams. However, probably not as much as wide stance.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Link?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post

Tom Platz knows LEGS for sure.

BPack10 is offline New Member
    Did you ever see Tom Platz's legs when he was just starting out? They were twigs. You would have never guessed he could have reached the development he did. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tom-Pl...e-Golden-Eagle

Thread Information