Which will stimulate more growth?

working each muscle group 1 x week and allowing 6 days recovery

or

working each muscle group 2 x week with less intensity allowing 3 days recovery

CHUCKYthentic is offline Anabolic Member
    2x/week IMO. but every muscle is different, so it depends on the group.

sometimes ill work legs 3x/week, sometimes abs ED, sometimes calfs EOD, sometimes traps EOD. depends on a lot of factors tho

IAMCDN is offline Associate Member
    higher intesity all the way. i always get my best gains in high intesity workouts

well i train really hard and most my muscles take around a week to recover. Although my mate who started lifting about the same time lifts with less intensity and has way bigger arms, is it ok to train when your sore?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolictonic View Post
    well i train really hard and most my muscles take around a week to recover. Although my mate who started lifting about the same time lifts with less intensity and has way bigger arms, is it ok to train when your sore?
    Genetics can be a bitch Just lift hard and be the cliche, be all that you can be!

I train when I am sore, but it usually not the body part im training. Just from the previous days exercise.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMCDN View Post
    higher intesity all the way. i always get my best gains in high intesity workouts
    what 15 reps or...? high intensity sounds like a cardio workout. like the 12 rep and up range...

TheJuicer is offline Member
    High intensity is training to failure. If you lift a muscle that is sore your asking for overtraining!! Your buddy prob. has better genetics but dont let it get you down. Just keep lifting and making progress. Always shots for 1 more rep or 5 more lbs.!! Good luck!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i think individuals respond differently ...i also think it prudent to switch up training as most know so as not "plateau" ...so both can be useful depending on the individual...

yer high intensity i mean doin 12-15 sets on major muscles and 9-12 on smaller msucles. He does about 9 on major and 4 or 5 on minor

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Intensity over frequency for sure.

dehydromethandrotren is offline Associate Member
    intensity is the main factor in stimulating the muscle fibers with the greatest potential for growth, the type 2b fibers (Which have a growth potential of 100%). To failure training is the best if not the only way to ensure that they are being stimulated. Keep your volume low and intensity high, keep track and periodically evaluate and adjust as needed.

Thread Information