Joker111086 is offline Associate Member

Another question

for a typical workout routine, how many sets should be for each muscle group i usually do like 4-5 workouts with 3 sets, and on the 3rd set superset it with 1/2 the weight till failure. i guess i od about 12-15 sets per muscle group when i work it out that day is this good or bad??

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker111086 View Post
    for a typical workout routine, how many sets should be for each muscle group i usually do like 4-5 workouts with 3 sets, and on the 3rd set superset it with 1/2 the weight till failure. i guess i od about 12-15 sets per muscle group when i work it out that day is this good or bad??
    what's your split

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    chest/biceps
    back/triceps
    legs/lower back
    delts/traps
    abs has its own day with cardio

TechTonic is offline New Member
    To answer your question, the amount of sets one should use for a workout is different according to different muscle groups.

I have often heard that smaller muscle groups such as biceps or triceps only need like 8 working sets. Some do 12.

For back, you usually need at least 12 just to hit the different areas. 4 for pulldown/up type exercise, 4 traps, 4 lower back, something like that.

8-12 for legs. I guess generally no more than 12-16, it just depends really.

Your workout split seems like you might overtrain biceps and triceps is you are working them out the day after a chest or back day as they are hit with those exercises as well.

Thread Information