lucasw99 is offline New Member

Weight loss after running.

Hi guys, about a week ago I started training seriously hard on the treadmill, as I set myself of running a half-marathon in September. Whats weird is that my weight is spiking massively as a result. For instance, today I woke up weighting 73.4kg. Had my usual breakfast + protein shake and then ran 10km. I came back and weighted myself, I had dropped to almost 70kg. I sweat like nobodies business when I run so I know I am loosing alot of water. But still, isnt a 3kg drop a bit extreme ? Does everyone else encounter this same pattern.

Also, out of interest how much of this weight do you actually think is fat loss and how much is just through water loss ?

Thanks.

mhafez is offline Junior Member
    That used to happen with me but by night all the weight comes back.
    i never thought about how much is weight and how much is just water but i used to lose about 2 kg/week

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    i only do 1 hour of cardio on cardio days. 2 mile run, 20 minutes eliptical and 20 minutes crossramp, and when i look in the mirror when im done i look like skin and bones, and when i weigh myself i weigh a good 2-3lbs less then what i weighed b4 i started, ur running like 5x the amount. sounds ok 2 me, check ur body fat % a week, can tell that way by how much fat ur losing

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    on the other hand i dont eat b4 i do cardio, so mite just be different for me, but i seem to fill out more as the day goes on and i eat.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I gain for the first two weeks then my weight starts going down...keep up the good work

Thread Information