edgarr is offline Member

I know cardio in the am is good for fat loss but..

I lose good fat if I do cardio first thing in the am on an empty stomach but my question is how long can I stay on an empty stomach before I do that cardio without causing damage? If I wake up and don't eat anything for 2 hours and then do my same cardio will this still have the same effect? thanks

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are asking about starving yourself for 2 hours before doing cardio in the morning I would not sugest that. You will break down muscle if you go that route. Just wake up and do the cardio then eat immediately.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz;442****
    If you are asking about starving yourself for 2 hours before doing cardio in the morning I would not sugest that. You will break down muscle if you go that route. Just wake up and do the cardio then eat immediately.
    thanks, what if I took BCAA before the cardio, wouldn't that help preserve the muscle?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont think BCAA's will prevent that is there no way you can do your cardio right away?

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I dont think BCAA's will prevent that is there no way you can do your cardio right away?
    I was thinking of changing my hours and waking up at 4:30am. If I want to do cardio first I would have to get up at 3:30 which I doubt will happen.

my other option is I wake up eat and work out an hour later and then do my cardio later at night. If I understand it correctly as long as I go about 2-3 hours without eating I am doing cardio on an empty stomach???

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    looks like you will have to do cardio at night. 3.30 is way too way dude
    you need rest to grow

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wake up and have 2 scoops of whey mixed with water. 30 minutes later I start cardio. My muscles are now feed but my stomach is still "pretty much" empty.

Thread Information