Critical Mass is offline Senior Member

Question Putting on mass,the right way?

I have always done a pyramid type of training. Now I`m not. So what`s the difference between the two,and what`s best if I wanna get the most out of my training. I wanna get big,and put on some mass.

1. Pyramiding;20,15,12,10,8,6. Number of reps decreases,while weight increases.

2.Warmup:10,5,2. Then doing my heaviest set first,to failure. Then doing the same weight for 2-3 more sets,1-2 from failure.

I feel I can lift more weight with nr.2 ,but don`t know if I see any difference from doing standard pyramiding.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    If you want to put on mass, the first thing you need to look at is your diet. Are you eating an excess of calories (clean calories of course, and not junk)?

Secondly, you want to focus on compound movements, with heavy weight, and low reps. As for pyramiding weights, I say ditch it.

Pick the heaviest weight you can use for 5-10 reps (after a warm-up set), and do it for 3 intense sets.

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    If you want to put on mass, the first thing you need to look at is your diet. Are you eating an excess of calories (clean calories of course, and not junk)?

Secondly, you want to focus on compound movements, with heavy weight, and low reps. As for pyramiding weights, I say ditch it.

Pick the heaviest weight you can use for 5-10 reps (after a warm-up set), and do it for 3 intense sets.
    Thank you. That`s all I needed to hear. I will keep on doing what I`m doing.

Thread Information