NewMuscle83 is offline Member

My right arm is 1/2" bigger than my left. What can I do about it?

Should I add one rep to the left arm on each set of bi and tri exercises?

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    Instead of adding one rep i'd add one short set of heavy weight. Do like a 4-6 rep set to failure. How big are your arms. Half inch could be not that much really if your arms are big. My right bicep is definatly bigger but its not that noticable so i don't really worry about it.

my are fairly small--16" and 15.5"

Bigzrs01 is offline Associate Member
    Isolate your left arm more than your right

Darksyde is offline Member
    most humans are not symmetrical. try as you might you probably wont be able to make one side of your body mirror the other side. as you get bigger you will just notice it more, from your pectorals to your trapezius to your latisimus to your calfs and quads, one side will be slightly larger or shaped differently than the other.
    thing is most people other than you probably dont notice it. take a good look at any pro body builder doing a pose that is symmetrical to both sides of his body (like a double bicep) and you will see. look at arnolds arms. look at their chests. always different from one side to the other.
    we cant all be dexter jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    most humans are not symmetrical. try as you might you probably wont be able to make one side of your body mirror the other side. as you get bigger you will just notice it more, from your pectorals to your trapezius to your latisimus to your calfs and quads, one side will be slightly larger or shaped differently than the other.
    thing is most people other than you probably dont notice it. take a good look at any pro body builder doing a pose that is symmetrical to both sides of his body (like a double bicep) and you will see. look at arnolds arms. look at their chests. always different from one side to the other.
    we cant all be dexter jackson.
    I agree; however, dnt u think that since my arms r that small the difference shudnt b so much? I think it shud b 1/4" rather than 1/2"?

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Masturbate more with the left arm.................................Seriously though, these guys are on the right track.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Dont try to over compensate for your left arm.. Just continue as normal and eventually it will catch up with your right arm.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    1/2 inch is alot actually. What do you do for a living? Do you do a lot like swinging a hammer with your right arm? I think you can even it out in your dialy life by using your left arm more in daily activities. It will take awhile, but I would not compnesate in the gym for it, I would do it outside the gym. I had a problem with my forearms at one time and had to adjust thing outside the gym and it helped. Good luck

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    My right arm is 1/2" bigger than my left. What can I do about it?

Theres no need to show off...

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i had the same prob, just look at my old profile pic. i started doing more dbs with my arms and as well as for bench and rows. i also start with my left(smaller arm) that way i am not doing more reps with my right than i can with my left. i recently measured my arms and they are the same size now

Evolutionary is offline New Member
    lol my whole left side is smaller but no 1 notices it but me

Thread Information