Thread: Abs everyday

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member

Abs everyday

Who believes abs can be trained everyday? For the longest time I was one who believed abs needed a couple days rest to recover. However, it seems that the people with the best looking abs train them everday. I've gone back and fourth with this. I've trained them 3x a week and everyday and still don't have the answer. I know there are plenty of you who have killer genetics, barely train your abs, and have an eight pack. Some of us however are not so lucky. So, what do you think?

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Everyday without a doubt. They are the fastest recuperating muscle in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    Everyday without a doubt. They are the fastest recuperating muscle in the body.
    That is true. But, what about when they are sore. Surely I wouldn't train a sore muscle group?

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    That is true. But, what about when they are sore. Surely I wouldn't train a sore muscle group?
    when I'm not bulking I work my abs 20 - 25 minutes every single day. (not to mention the ab workout you get from doing leg workouts, squats, etc.)

I train my abs even when they're sore. The key to a 6 pack is 300+ situps a day IMO. lol

Andro9 is offline Member
    do you add weight to your core workouts? or just do crunches. working out your abs everyday is gonna get you NOWHERE unless your overloading that muscle group( ie: we need to use progressivly heavier weights to gain mass to overload the muscle so it has a need to remodel itself to be bigger and stronger.) thats if you want a real strong core and if you have high BF% your stomach will just look big. the poster above couldn't be more wrong.. the key to a six pack is LOW BF% and working your core a few times per week with low weight. i am a personal trainer this works for most ppl, no need to overdo it, but find what works for you
    Last edited by Andro9; 03-15-2009 at 11:15 AM.

I am also a personal trainer but that doesn't mean I know everything. Different things work for different people. Of coarse bf% must be low, that is a given. It just seems that the people who train them everyday have sick looking stomachs. I do hanging leg raises, cable crunches, and leg raises on on ball while holding onto bar. How often should abs bee trained if you desire a rocky six pack? The debate will probubally never end.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    I teach abs classes 4 days aweek the only day I rest them is on wednesday, and the weekend of course

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    I am also a personal trainer but that doesn't mean I know everything. Different things work for different people. Of coarse bf% must be low, that is a given. It just seems that the people who train them everyday have sick looking stomachs. I do hanging leg raises, cable crunches, and leg raises on on ball while holding onto bar. How often should abs bee trained if you desire a rocky six pack? The debate will probubally never end.
    i didnt mean to sound like that bro. thats why i said, just find what works for you.

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    I rest them on my rest day....otherwise its 6 days a week. I do a lot of heavy compound lifts like squats, clean and press, deadlifts, ect. So they get preatty good isometric workout with weight so i only do direct ab training through unweighted crunches, standard and reverse for tone. 25 reps, 5 sets.

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    There are a lot of points of view on this. I even knew a guy that was convinced abs could recover within a day and would train them morning and night. I think the most important things with abs is not necessarily how much you train them, but having a low enough bf% to be able to see them. I wouldn't kill yourself going for the perfect six pack training ten times a day

nails4me2 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reardbandit View Post
    There are a lot of points of view on this. I even knew a guy that was convinced abs could recover within a day and would train them morning and night. I think the most important things with abs is not necessarily how much you train them, but having a low enough bf% to be able to see them. I wouldn't kill yourself going for the perfect six pack training ten times a day
    i totally agree with REAR on this...i have always had a six pack even when i was deathly skinny and nearly no muscle on my body...now that i am back working out i train them almost everyday and make sure that i switch up my ab workouts just as i do with any other muscle group..although the abs imo separate themselves from other muscle groups as they can recover MUCH faster than other muscle groups...i think people get to obsessed with gettin that perfect six pack and like stated above train them everday twice a day..even tho they do recover fast you still have to give them the proper time to recover in order to make progress...twice a day is over training imo..but to each his own..

Run! I'm sure if you have been seriously lifting for awhile, and do any compound movement's you have good abs. I have experimented with this, as long as I am lean my abs stay about the same. You use your core all the time, JMO.

Gears is offline Member
    Yeh, it's about bodyfat% really. I train abs 0 days a week and I have a four pack... You just gotta make sure you hit your core hard, at least thats what works for me.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Try it every day for like two months. See if you notice a difference. Then switch back to maybe twice a week. Whatever works for you. As mentioned above though, unless you can drop that fat tire around your belly. You aint going to see anything except your belly looking fatter.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    X2 on the bf. I hate to hear people who are fat say i need to do sit ups like that is the answer to thier problem. No, you need to do cardio because it doesn't matter whats under the hood if you can't see it.

Cam09 is offline Junior Member
    whatever works for you... I train abs like 2 or 3 times a week just cuz if i do it everyday i get a big stomach which looks kinda weird in my clothes

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    you can do abs everyday but if your bodyfat is above 8 or 9% you wont see them so whats the point !!!!

T.STEEL is offline Junior Member
    I trained them everyday for about 3 years and developed an 8 pack. I think you can train them everyday with good results. I only train them now 3 days a week and they are still the same unless i put on some bodyfat. As soon as i cut down low in bodyfat though i can see 8 abs showing. To let you know too i never had abs to begin with, bad genetics. more of skinny-fat if i dont work out at all and eat bad.

roidboyjnr is offline Junior Member
    be good to see some ab pics of you guys that teach / train people in them .

extra motivation

abs, claves ed no prob.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I train my abs every day except leg day.

It works so well for me that instead of a 6 pack, I have just one great-big ab.
    j/k haha

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Abs and core are very important to train because they help stabalize your body in athletic performance. The stronger the core the better. You need to train them no matter your bodyfat.

Thread Information