Thread: cardio?

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member

cardio?

when i do cardio should i be between 60% and 70% to burn fat?

kickinit is offline Member
    Not really cardio IMHO if your doing 60-70% I believe you should be doing 70-80% or even 90% like I try to do. 60-70% yeah your in your FAT BURNING area, but IMHO like I said not really cardio. Just pumpin weights im probably 60-70%

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    Not really cardio IMHO if your doing 60-70% I believe you should be doing 70-80% or even 90% like I try to do. 60-70% yeah your in your FAT BURNING area, but IMHO like I said not really cardio. Just pumpin weights im probably 60-70%
    So you think your HR should be higher while doing cardio (aerobic exercise) than while lifting weights (anaerobic)? I want to see you at 90% of your maximum HR and see just how long you can go. Again....cardio (for fat burning purposes) is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HARD!!!

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell if I tried to do 90% MHR for 30-45 minutes I'd be a puddle on the floor...

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Geeze FireGuy, You're EVERYWHERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Geeze FireGuy, You're EVERYWHERE!
    Was thinking the same thing about you.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    So you think your HR should be higher while doing cardio (aerobic exercise) than while lifting weights (anaerobic)? I want to see you at 90% of your maximum HR and see just how long you can go. Again....cardio (for fat burning purposes) is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HARD!!!
    I said try 90%, of course no one without dropping dead can do that. Yes I think while doing your cardio your HR should be higher, otherwise whats the point if you can get it with weights?

I do cardio for heart health more then fat burning, I do alot of fat burning just pumping iron. I dont think 80% is hard on the bike which is where I do it, and I hit 90% several times when I ride as well.

HINTS* IMHO

I said try 90%, of course no one without dropping dead can do that. Yes I think while doing your cardio your HR should be higher, otherwise whats the point if you can get it with weights?

I do cardio for heart health more then fat burning, I do alot of fat burning just pumping iron. I dont think 80% is hard on the bike which is where I do it, and I hit 90% several times when I ride as well.

HINTS* IMHO
    Because weight lifting is considered anaerobic and glycogen is the preferred fuel source for this type of activity. Low intensity cardio is aerobic and will burn the higher ratio of fat than lifting weights. The OP did state "for fat burning purposes". Had he asked what is optimal for conditioning and heart I might have suggested he do his cardio at a higher intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Because weight lifting is considered anaerobic and glycogen is the preferred fuel source for this type of activity. Low intensity cardio is aerobic and will burn the higher ratio of fat than lifting weights. The OP did state "for fat burning purposes". Had he asked what is optimal for conditioning and heart I might have suggested he do his cardio at a higher intensity.

Yeah I just always considered CARDIO being for high end conditioning and heart conditioning. I agree with you man, dont get me wrong. I did say there at the begining reply 60-70% is the fat burning section, just IMHO I dont think of that as cardio. Just my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Hell if I tried to do 90% MHR for 30-45 minutes I'd be a puddle on the floor...
    Yeah there is quite a puddle on the floor, gots to get me the mop. I have raced bicycles since I was a kid and still do just for charity now, but I can do me some bikin haha.. I usually do an HR on the bike, but do spurts of maybe 10mins at 90% and back off and then about 10-15 later do it again for 10mins and so on.

Sorry about the hijack British bulldog 1

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    Anyways.........The answer to the actual question on this thread is YES.

It was mentioned a few times brother.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned

HINTS* IMHO
    dude, id pay to see you do ANYTHING that is at 90% of your limit at 45 min...

lets analyze....

im 24yr male.. 220-24 makes my maximum hr at 196... 90% at 176bpm...

umm... i dont know too many people who can sunstain that type of hr for 45min..

jmo

Thread Information