Thread: Bigger Arms

gettingthere is offline Senior Member

Bigger Arms

Hey,

Just a quick question and im pretty sure il get loads of different answers but id appreciate answers that actualy have worked for you.

My arms routine is biceps with chest and triceps with back and maybe biceps and triceps on another day.

Just wondering what are the best arm excercises for biceps and triceps to get them bigger?

Thanks

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Read this...

Want big arms????

Cheers for that

Has anyone else got a proven arm workout that has made there arms bigger??

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Read this...

Want big arms????
    I don't subscribe to this train of thought. Basically there are two variables. 1) genetics 2)your training trial and error for whatever bodypart you are trying to build.

Dave311089 is offline New Member
    have you been training a while or you just starting out ???

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    work on your core and your arms will come, also i found that good form and isolation exercises work best.

Maddogdh is offline New Member
    Not to gloat, but my arms look great for not isolating them. I read the thread posted and i'm doing all the other things right. So know I have my answer without asking a question.It makes sence to me, though i'm considering starting to work them directly to how they grow, if they will.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogdh View Post
    Not to gloat, but my arms look great for not isolating them. I read the thread posted and i'm doing all the other things right. So know I have my answer without asking a question.It makes sence to me, though i'm considering starting to work them directly to how they grow, if they will.
    I'm sure once you will be hitting them independently you will see great results, i put on over an inch on my arms in less than a month when i was younger by isolating. to each his own.

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    it looks like you are doing bis and tri twice a week. Toooooo Much

Iv been training for nearly 2years, dont get me wrong their alright and that but i want them to really stick out

liable is offline Associate Member
    weighted dips i found build my tris better than any other exersis

Barium is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen73ta View Post
    work on your core and your arms will come, also i found that good form and isolation exercises work best.
    What? Not only bad advice but you managed to contradict yourself in one sentance.

If you wan't to grow lift HEAVY and eat MORE.

For arm growth heavy barbell curls and tricep extensions are good. But heavy compound lifts like bench, squats, and deads will help get your body in a state of growth. I like to do close grip bench to start my tricep workout making sure to keep the elbows flared out to target the triceps more.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    To put things into perspective for you, before I started training 2.5 years ago I weighed 124lbs. Now I weigh 203lbs (ofcourse I'm not lean, but I'm still bulking, going to cut in September).

My point is, before training my arms were probably 11 inches. Now they're 17 inches. I stuck to a few basic exercise and my arms blew up in only 2.5 years (and for the record I'm 5'8). You can see my progress in the pictures below.

For biceps I concentrate my efforts on heavy barbell curls for low reps (5-8 reps), and heavy hammer or dumbbell curls.

For triceps I concentrate my efforts on heavy close-grip presses, lying tricep extensions, weighted dips, and cable pressdowns.

HOWEVER, in the course of these 2.5 years I have been eating like a horse, sleeping at least 8 hours, sacrificing drinking (haven't drunk since NYE, and won't drink until NYE of this year) etc. But if you stick to these basic movements for your arms, coupled with your basic squat, deadlift, rows, bench, shoulder presses, those arms will have no choice but to grow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bigger Arms-2.5-years-ago.jpg   Bigger Arms-current.jpg  

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    To put things into perspective for you, before I started training 2.5 years ago I weighed 124lbs. Now I weigh 203lbs (ofcourse I'm not lean, but I'm still bulking, going to cut in September).

My point is, before training my arms were probably 11 inches. Now they're 17 inches. I stuck to a few basic exercise and my arms blew up in only 2.5 years (and for the record I'm 5'8). You can see my progress in the pictures below.

For biceps I concentrate my efforts on heavy barbell curls for low reps (5-8 reps), and heavy hammer or dumbbell curls.

For triceps I concentrate my efforts on heavy close-grip presses, lying tricep extensions, weighted dips, and cable pressdowns.

HOWEVER, in the course of these 2.5 years I have been eating like a horse, sleeping at least 8 hours, sacrificing drinking (haven't drunk since NYE, and won't drink until NYE of this year) etc. But if you stick to these basic movements for your arms, coupled with your basic squat, deadlift, rows, bench, shoulder presses, those arms will have no choice but to grow.
    Wow! That's an awesome transformation.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Wow! That's an awesome transformation.
    Cheers bro. It wasn't easy, I wasn't blessed with the best base to work with (not by a long shot), but "impossible is nothing" haha

Thanks man, lately iv been eating like a horse aswell and have put on some good size, getting compliments which is always good!! its not all muscle but its size and once i could coming up to summer itl be worth it

Thread Information