gabuilder is offline New Member

need some advice on chest workout

Ok Guys Needing Some Guidence Please - Ive Made Some Good Gains In My Chest ,but I Dont Have The Full Roundness That I Desire- It Looks Like My Pec Muscle Goes Under My Arm Instead Of Rounding Out-is This A Under Developemnt Of My Chest Or Frt Shoulder? What Im Looking For Is The Round Pec W/ Definition Of The Seperation From The Shoulder--this Is The New Workout I Started This Morning- Each Bodypart Has It Own Day Of Training:

3-sets Flat Db Press (not Including 2 Warmup Sets) 6,6,8 Rep
    3-sets Incl. Bb Press 8,8,10
    3-sets Decl Bb Press 8,8,10
    3-sets Cable Crossvr 10,10,10
    3-sets Flat Bb Press (all 3 Sets Are Drop Sets) 12,12,12
    The Last Set Of The First 4 Exercises I Drop To A Lighter Weight To Get Highr Reps

Any Help Is Appreciated

bcbrett is offline Associate Member
    The last 3 weeks i have been doing a press exercise for 3 sets followed by a fly exercise. And then repeat.

So example would be:

Incline dumbell press-- two warm up sets, 3 working sets going beyond failure on the last two sets (10,8-6,3-5)
    Cable crossover. 3 sets (12,10,10) Focus on squeezing the chest
    Flat bench barbel press-- 3 sets (10,8,4-6)
    Decline dumbel flys 2 sets (10, 10)
    Weighted dips (10, 8)

After this type of work out my chest feels spent. You get a good stretch inbetween the presses and it seems to work well for me right now.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I motice that you are increasing your reps, are you then decreasing your wieght? It seems backwards. also how long are you resting between sets?

yeah what im doing is the first set to failure-im pickn a weight that i fail at-at that particular target rep-then i light'n the weight sligtly so im able to due the next set --then lightn it again for the last set- my rest time is 1-2 min. somtimes less --i go by feel - then rest 3-4 min between exercise's

I like to do 2 warm ups then 10/8/6/6 I do 4 excercises. I rest 60-90 seconds between sets and excercises I do not delay. As soon as I am ready to go I get my first set. usually 2 minutes max. I keep my heartrate up with my intenstity and wind up sweating as if I am doing light/moderate cardio. I also do a superset from inclines and cable crossovers or cable crossovers and dips. I don't know if this make sense or not but this is what has worked for me for a long time. good luck

Godson is offline Associate Member
    I do 3 working sets, and my 4th set is just a " cool down " set i guess you can say

i drop my 4th set to the weight i did on my 1st set or even lower to make sure i get the form as correct as possible

i also pyramid up, which means heaviest weight on 3rd set

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabuilder View Post
    Ok Guys Needing Some Guidence Please - Ive Made Some Good Gains In My Chest ,but I Dont Have The Full Roundness That I Desire- It Looks Like My Pec Muscle Goes Under My Arm Instead Of Rounding Out-is This A Under Developemnt Of My Chest Or Frt Shoulder? What Im Looking For Is The Round Pec W/ Definition Of The Seperation From The Shoulder--this Is The New Workout I Started This Morning- Each Bodypart Has It Own Day Of Training:

3-sets Flat Db Press (not Including 2 Warmup Sets) 6,6,8 Rep
    3-sets Incl. Bb Press 8,8,10
    3-sets Decl Bb Press 8,8,10
    3-sets Cable Crossvr 10,10,10
    3-sets Flat Bb Press (all 3 Sets Are Drop Sets) 12,12,12
    The Last Set Of The First 4 Exercises I Drop To A Lighter Weight To Get Highr Reps

Any Help Is Appreciated

you could try shocking your muscles, how i like to do it is alternate between bb day and db day for the entire workout

incline, flat, decline, flys one week all db

next week all bb

i do my flies with dbs more often than cables, you routine sounds good to me though

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Try HIT. I use it now.

2-3 warmup sets with 50-75% of 1RM.

Then one workout set. Do as much as you can unassisted and sue a weight you can get 3-4 reps with. Rest 10 seconds, go again and do as many as you can unassisted. Do this until you cannot get one rep unassisted. Then use a spot and get 2-3 forced reps. Wait 15-20 seconds and go straight to negatives until you cant do anymore unassisted, then use a static hold to totally tax the muscle.

Your form must be perfect throughout.

Job done.

MD22 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Try HIT. I use it now.

Then one workout set. Do as much as you can unassisted and sue a weight you can get 3-4 reps with. Rest 10 seconds, go again and do as many as you can unassisted. Do this until you cannot get one rep unassisted. Then use a spot and get 2-3 forced reps. Wait 15-20 seconds and go straight to negatives until you cant do anymore unassisted, then use a static hold to totally tax the muscle.

Job done.
    I agree. I like this alot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Try HIT. I use it now.

Job done.
    Where do you hold a static hold on bench? I like static grip for forearms and shrugs but have never thought about it for bench? OP, sorry fo the hijack, hopefully we both benefit

man-all great advice -- thx so much - im still learning so thx guys

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    I have a chest related question, not trying to jack your thread mate. But i was wondering what are some exercises to really make your upper chest pop, to make it look like it's really popping out?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    Where do you hold a static hold on bench? I like static grip for forearms and shrugs but have never thought about it for bench? OP, sorry fo the hijack, hopefully we both benefit
    You must use a smith machine or a machine.

Its very hard to use free weights with HIT on certain muscle groups.

Watch Dorian's, Blood and Guts.

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    I used to pyramid. Now I do 2-3 warmups(10,6,2 on heavy days) then 3 working sets with maximum poundage from the first to last set. I may have to drop som weight on my second and third set to get some god reps out of it. I like it,I can lift more weights this way,more heavier weights.

Thread Information