Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dodgeboy is offline Junior Member

one chest bigger than the other??

hey guys, lately i've notice my left peck is bigger than my right one. its surprising cause i'm right handed. how can i resolve this issue ?

seems to me your right arm is taking over for the pec when doing chest work. Make sure you use dumbells instead of barbells and always do the same weight on each side. it will even out over time.

Bradly1234 is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem and so do a lot of my workout buddies. I have heard many different reasons but I believe it is becuase your heart is on your left side

Why would your heart being on the left side of your chest cause the muscle on that side to be bigger?

Wilsonchung is offline Junior Member
    I have noticed the same thing I think. didn't know if I was just paranoid or not though

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradly1234 View Post
    ...becuase your heart is on your left side

mho
    mho is offline Member

I just really want to hear the logic behind this theory...I'm on the edge of my seat.

Darksyde is offline Member
    the reason why your right arm is bigger but your left chest (and back usually as well, check out your traps and lats) is because your right side is your tooling side and your left side is your stabilizing side. you hold a nail with your left hand and swing a hammer with your right. you hold things in place with your left side musculature and work on them with your right appendage. imagine all the things you do in life where this applies. especially if the work you do for a living is physical. the body adapts to the stresses placed upon it.

interesting, never thought of that !!
    nice

stangmatt06 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Thanks for the pic... I didn't want to be the only one to tell this guy the heart is in the middle

Ah well if its in the middle my theory is dead. Your bone structure would be a little bigger to protect your organ, thats what your rib cage and chest plate is there for. One of my workout partners is left handed with his left pec bigger

Your heart is bigger on the left side tho, it tilts to that side

kickinit is offline Member
    I helped a guy on chest that was missing one of his peck muscles partially. Basically on one side he had a dent where on the other he had a normal size one. You could see the muscle was in fact missing. After alot of hard work just keeping into as said above not trying to build the one side just stick to your workout and it will eventually grown to the same size. Also keep to dumbells to you even out, it will be alot easier then a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    the reason why your right arm is bigger but your left chest (and back usually as well, check out your traps and lats) is because your right side is your tooling side and your left side is your stabilizing side. you hold a nail with your left hand and swing a hammer with your right. you hold things in place with your left side musculature and work on them with your right appendage. imagine all the things you do in life where this applies. especially if the work you do for a living is physical. the body adapts to the stresses placed upon it.
    What if he was left handed?

(1*) is offline Member
    lmao at the heart on the left side theory!!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    My right pec is thicker on the lower portion and I'm right handed. Does that mean my hearts in the wrong place......?

yes, obviously. Your heart must be on the right side dude

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    My right pec is thicker on the lower portion and I'm right handed. Does that mean my hearts in the wrong place......?
    I lol'd

Iron_Pig is offline Member

remotely queued is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
    hey guys, lately i've notice my left peck is bigger than my right one. its surprising cause i'm right handed. how can i resolve this issue ?
    is your back (lat) bigger on the side with the smaller pec?
    for instance you left peck is bigger but your right lat is bigger than your left?

Adreja is offline Associate Member
    Darksyde is got it right. If you were left handed it would be the other way round. I work as an electrician and when i started working out i measured everything including the forearms. The right forearm was 2cm bigger than the left one due to me working with pliers and screwdrivers all day long. Something i never took notice of until i started working out.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    I wish i was ambidextrous

the more i have looked at myself, my left shoulder is more developed and my left lat is bigger than my right side.
    WTF ???

Atibbo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
    the more i have looked at myself, my left shoulder is more developed and my left lat is bigger than my right side.
    WTF ???
    I have the same problem bro.. everything on my left side is bigger even though I'm right handed.. The left side of my chest is wayy bigger than my right, but just stick to dumbells and everything should even out. It'll take a while but should get better with time!

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member
    Just like my domanint arm is bigger than the other, after a workout I give a little more attention to the weaker side with some extra sets solo. Over time they will equal out.

xdustiinx is offline New Member
    Me and my workout partner both got the same problem, so every other chest day we just hold two d.bells like your gonna do regular d.bell press and then just press with the side that is smaller for three sets and then do our regular chest routine.

been doing it for about three months or so now and it seems to be working for us, maybe that would help

trulbfan3 is offline Member
    dude my right arm is way bigger n stronger than my left and but my left peck is bigger and stronger than my right and my cock points to the left and im right handed...wtf???

elitepeptides is offline Junior Member
    I couldn't stop from laughing - I feel bad, but this thread made lulz for me.

hybrid83 is offline Junior Member
    You guys are freaks of nature LOL. I wish I could keep my left side any where near my right side. Seems like the hand you use would alway without question make that side bigger.

Aha I think I have the answer. Do you masturbate with the left hand?...come on guys be honest. Maybe you get randy and say hey I wanna try something different and you end up liking it haha...I know i've givin it a go once or twice...come on guys we need all the variables

tyseng is offline New Member
    For me it's genetic, the muscle is attached differently on the bones for my right pec so it looks different. It's not necessarily bigger, just looks different. My doctor said that it is fairly common so it could be your issue as well if you are practicing the right form when you lift.

bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem and was just coming on here to asl the same question.

Chris_ATV is offline Junior Member
    Start using dumbells for chest. Keep strict form.

wharton is offline out of here
    Your all wanking too much with one hand and burning off the muscle to try switching hands from time to time.

Hate Being Small is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wharton View Post
    Your all wanking too much with one hand and burning off the muscle to try switching hands from time to time.
    lmao

Jdizzal is offline New Member
    I measured and my right arm is 3/4 of an inch bigger than my left. i stopped using bar and switched to dumbbells. left side has grown quarter inch closer now. I think having my right arm bigger its more stable/ stronger so i have more form and can really feel the squeeze.

javerton is offline Associate Member
    Some degree of asymmetry is normal, just look at Jay Cutler. You can reduce it by using dumbells etc. But I would not worry about this until you are fairly advanced (meaning pshyqiue wise, not time training) because I can bet you that almost NO ONE will notice. I've got a few ones like you said, no one has noticed them ever.

Stevus is offline New Member
    I have this problem too, right handed, bigger (more shapely) right pec. Interested post.

GEM_69 is offline New Member
    i have the same problem. my right pec is bigger then my left and my left lat is bigger. i've been using dumbells and it seems to begetting better

Jacob09 is offline New Member
    My right pec is wider and so is my right shoulder but when i pull it in and flex a little my chest and shoulders seem to be perfectly sememtrical My question is Is it possible for ur shoulder to be out of place and u not know it or is it my right shoulder is more developed there for wider?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information