ruffcute is offline Associate Member

excercises for chest to get rid of fat

Im getting hitched soon and want to get rid of the fat on my chest. I have always been a little fat, but my chest has had fat from puberty, as you can see from the pictures. I had a scan done and doctor said that it isnt gyno, its fat.
    Can anyone take a look and tell me of exercises that will get rid of the fat in my chest.

Im posting a tread in the diet section so I can start to get very healthy and eat right and lose fat that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails excercises for chest to get rid of fat-image1.jpg   excercises for chest to get rid of fat-image6.jpg   excercises for chest to get rid of fat-image7.jpg  

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    um, any kind of pushing movement (bench press, push ups, etc) will help build the muscle,

but looks like you really need to focus your time on cardio.

yah, I saw your other thread.

you're gonna have to do cardio to drop the weight, no way around it bro.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    cardio and diet

nbaylot33 is offline Associate Member
    I would stick to the heavier compound chest movements like the Bench Press and dips (if you can do them). If you incorporate more muscles you will burn more calories. Also, the heavier you go the more calories you will burn. Diet is the most important key to losing fat and second is exercise/cardio. I'd shoot for 6-10 reps with a heavy weight and watch that diet and cardio. Good luck man and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaylot33 View Post
    I would stick to the heavier compound chest movements like the Bench Press and dips (if you can do them). If you incorporate more muscles you will burn more calories. Also, the heavier you go the more calories you will burn. Diet is the most important key to losing fat and second is exercise/cardio. I'd shoot for 6-10 reps with a heavy weight and watch that diet and cardio. Good luck man and congrats.
    not true, higher rep ranges with shorter recovery periods liek 20-25 rep range circuits are much more effective at burning calories.

Never seen the proof of that. If your body struggles more and raises the bp and hr then more calories have been expelled to metabolize glucose and creatine phosphate. Plus more muscle, burns more calories at rest.

Never seen the proof of that. If your body struggles more and raises the bp and hr then more calories have been expelled to metabolize glucose and creatine phosphate. Plus more muscle, burns more calories at rest.
    when you are working in the heavier rep range you are doing a few things. 1) taking longer breaks between sets, having your recovery HR come much lower than a circuit.
    2) by doing 3-4 consecuitve sets in a circuit (which is geared toward increasing HR, and working in the 6 rep range (size and strength), you are not geared toward increasing HR but just quite the opposite.

glycogen is rapidly depleated during a continous tension set, and this is the purpose of this high rep range circuit. although it does not offers significant growth stimulation (and no i dont recommend it to this guy, just explaining my point).

its all about how high the recovery HR is, i dont know other "proof" your looking for.

that is true.

i see what you are saying but couldn't you just decrease the amount of time in between sets. I never wait that long between sets I always have a partner and go pretty much right after his turn. If you train with less rest time your body will adapt and get use to not having any recovery time.

i see what you are saying but couldn't you just decrease the amount of time in between sets. I never wait that long between sets I always have a partner and go pretty much right after his turn. If you train with less rest time your body will adapt and get use to not having any recovery time.
    it depends what im gearing for. exmple-heavy leg sets i will rest 1:30-2 minutes. isolation exercises for secondary muscles like biceps, triceps, delts will be between 1:15-1:30. if im training for strength and trying to get the most out of my reps, resting too short will not allow me to fully recover for the next set.

Yeah Again I see what your saying. But, I don't ever train for strength so I'm not as familiar with it as maybe you are. I do agree that strength training you need more time in between sets but he is looking to lose weight in his chest area. Sorry dude but you cannot target fat loss except when you have an underlying problem which a diet or drug can fix, not exercise. Different body symptoms cause different areas to have more fat stored. Just stick with diet and cardio and hit the gym hard bro and good luck on your marriage I hate the statistic that 1/2 of marriages end in divorce.

i understand what your saying as well, i use cardio and diet as fat burning techniques. However, circuit training high reps low recovery HR burns more calories than any other form of resistance training exercise.

Yep your right initially but.... in the longer run having larger muscles will burn more calories throughout the day and it will be easier to maintain or lose more weight. But again this is a shorter term goal for him so I would opt for the circuit training plus cardio.

Yep your right initially but.... in the longer run having larger muscles will burn more calories throughout the day and it will be easier to maintain or lose more weight. But again this is a shorter term goal for him so I would opt for the circuit training plus cardio.

yep, OP if your looking for an entire critique refer to my thread i made for free training advice

ruffcute is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys, Iv been at the gym again toady, doing some chest and cardio.
    Do you guys think I should Do it a day and then miss a day, for recovery, or just hit it as much as possible.
    A friend (not experienced in gym) also told me that it would make better sence to do full cardio on one day and then weights on a different day, what do you make of this?

I can feel the area above my nipples getting sore, but below the nipples its not that sore, and I think thats is a main area that I need to work at, would a declined bench press help with that area.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffcute View Post
    Thanks guys, Iv been at the gym again toady, doing some chest and cardio.
    Do you guys think I should Do it a day and then miss a day, for recovery, or just hit it as much as possible.
    A friend (not experienced in gym) also told me that it would make better sence to do full cardio on one day and then weights on a different day, what do you make of this?

I can feel the area above my nipples getting sore, but below the nipples its not that sore, and I think thats is a main area that I need to work at, would a declined bench press help with that area.
    low intensity aerobics can be run up to everyday as long as your nutrition is correct.

if you want refer to my thrad ill help you more in depth with your goals

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    i do low intensity cardio 5-6 days a week at 30 minute min. you should be fine. important thing is to keep going and never stop. the changes you are wanting wont happen over night. it could take up to a year or more to look how you want to look.... depends on your work ethic. learn to make those sacrifices that will get you in the the gym 4-5+ days week or so.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    One of the things people neglect when trying to minimize chest fat appearance is doing lat work. As your lats grow they pull the skin back some as well and it will help your appearance. In addition to the cardio, diet, and chest, work your back to help draw some of the back away from the chest and help the overall look to your chest and under the armpit area. Good luck bro and congrats.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    Im getting hitched soon and want to get rid of the fat on my chest. I have always been a little fat, but my chest has had fat from puberty, as you can see from the pictures. I had a scan done and doctor said that it isnt gyno, its fat.
    Can anyone take a look and tell me of exercises that will get rid of the fat in my chest.

Im posting a tread in the diet section so I can start to get very healthy and eat right and lose fat that way.
    train Hard and eat right and cardio

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    nice boobs.

Your can't spot reduce. You need to train hard (whatever way you want), add in cardio and diet correctly. Doing chest presses isn't going to burn fat off just your chest. You need to work the body as a whole and you will get results.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    nice boobs.

Your can't spot reduce. You need to train hard (whatever way you want), add in cardio and diet correctly. Doing chest presses isn't going to burn fat off just your chest. You need to work the body as a whole and you will get results.
    Agreed to DSM!

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    Man Boobs

mattharry is offline New Member
    The key to getting rid of fat is burning more calories than you take in. Aerobic training combined with the tips above does just that. If you want to get rid of belly fat then get up off the couch and go for a walk, take a bike ride, or play some hoops. Just be sure to enjoy whatever form of exercise you are doing and keep doing it.

If you seriously want to get rid of that extra fat then you will need to increase your metabolism to help burn away those excess fat stores. With a little effort and motivation simply changing your diet and starting some form of exercise program is a great way to start losing those extra pounds.

Get rid of fat

lee.jones73 is offline Associate Member

whats the rest of your body like?

try doing 2sets of each incline bench flat and decline bench try doing reps between 10 to 12 then do flys same range 2sets of each but NOT to heavy exspecally to start 1st few session on chest will hurt the next day all streching involed in chest try do them exercises within 30mins

week after switch to dunbells or after 2weeks

rember to train over body parts if you can go to gym and ask for a program

now hit the cardio try interval training worked for me 45mins on the treadmill
    had this routine from a fitness instructor

what you got to do is go at diffrent paces which is good because you dont get board 1st you warm up on bike 5mins then on treadmill

all at your pace

slow walk 2mins
    normall walk 3mins
    rise the incline at normall walking pace 5mins
    drop the incline to flat and do a slow jog 6mins
    then fast walk at incline 4mins
    then back to flat and quicker jog 5mins
    then go to normall walk 3mins
    then get ready for 5 sprints 30secs sprint rest between betwen 30sec and 1min doing that 5times then you should be getting ready to do your cool down period.

its was something like that cant rember exactly the times but i know it was for 45mins and it was up and down all the time i didnt get boring

also crosstrainer is a good chest workout because you using your arms back and for hitting the chest

but you cant just target a body part for fat loss it comes all over well i know when i was 18 i was going into a 38waiste and they were getting tight and i said enough is enough done that cardio program and went down betweeen 32 and 34inch waiste within no time

BUT GOT TO HAVE A REALLY GOOD DIET OVERWISE NO POINT

good luck concentrain more on diet and cardio if you got tym do the chest exercise to start to shape it

lee.jones73 is offline Associate Member
    also there good supplements you can take legal ones no-exploid is good get your heart pumping and theres over ive only tryed that or there the illigal stuff clems t3 t5 effagine which will help lose body fat

Thread Information