Dammer is offline New Member

Cleared to start training again....finally

Hey all. I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident and after 3 weeks in hospital, 3 months on crutches and 11 months of physio, I can now say that the doc has cleared me to start training again. I went from 236 lbs and around 13 % bf all the way down to 167 lbs. Sucks, I know. I'm past that point and only looking towards the future. Doc said i wouldn't walk properly again, I proved him wrong. Doc said I would NEVER run again and I just got back from a 5 min jog. 5 mins isn't a lot, I know, but to me its huge because its just the start of things.

I am looking for some direction from you guys. I am looking for a powerlifting-based program to start so if there is anybody out there that can provide me a link or even a great split, it would be greatly appreciated. I am not too concerned with size at this point. That will come. I am focusing on getting strength back and hopefully I still have some muscle memory left in me.

Below are my stats :

Weight: 187
    Height: 5'10"
    BF: 17%

Full access to all kinds of equipment but I prefer free weights and lifting heavy. If I have left anything out, please let me know and I'll post it. Thanks in advance guys. Excited to lift again.

Dammer

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I would rethink the powerlifting split and get yourself back into a light routine to get your body used to the weights again or you may end up on the dl list again sooner than you would like. I've seen impatience about people wanting to get back to where they were cause a lot of people to injure or re-injure themselves

liable is offline Associate Member
    good luck getting back dont try to much to quick thogh

Thread Information