building massive legs without slowing down run times.

Everyone i talk to in the gym tells me squats and deads will slow my run time. It kind of makes sense because the extra mass could decrease rapid muscle movement. id like to maintain my fast 2 mile time but build some meaty quads/hams/calves.

any recomendation?

with added mass added power as long as its muscle so im sure thered be a right way to go bout it. Perhaps faster reps i dunno

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    you just have to make sure to have enough time to recover from both activities. Added muscle wont slow you down too much in my opinion. My legs are very defined, zero fat on them. They measure about 33 inches around when flexed. this isnt huge by any means but a hell of a lot bigger than any other guys i see that run or whatever. And my run times are just fine. 20 -22 mins for 3 miles. I'm not bragging here, i know you prob have better times and guys have wayy bigger legs, i"m just sayiong that you could have much bigger legs, and prob run much faster if that was what you were shooting for, which i'm not.

(1*) is offline Member
    dam murph, where have you been lately?

clancywiggum is offline Junior Member
    if squats and deads were counterproductive to speed, football players would be some sloooooow dudes

Thread Information