eyeothetiger is offline Associate Member

Question What muscles is this old school workout hitting where?

Hi guys, I'm interested to know what muscles this old school workout plan below is meant to be hitting here. The plan seems far too much in my book and especially doing 3 times a week. I'm currently running my first injectable cycle, running dbol kicker/sust 250 shot twice per week for 500mg per week total. I dont personally see unless they were superhuman how anyone could do this routine 3 times per week lol. Opinions and feedback appreciated, here is the plan:

A Good Old School Workout

Start the summer right with this old school program designed to get your muscle-building efforts in high gear.

This routine is based on the 5 x 5 system - a favorite of legendary bodybuilders like Reg Park and John Grimek.

It’s a medium volume, power and bulk routine that built so many powerful physiques in the 40s and 50s.

You can follow a two or three day a week schedule. If you go three days, only do the squats twice per week.

Here’s the workout routine:

Bench Press 5 x 5
    Overhead Press 5 x 5
    Chins 5 x 8
    Bent Over Row 5 x 8
    Pulldowns 5 x 8
    Curls 5 x 8
    Dips 5 x 8
    Squats 3 x 12

Notes: Make the first two or three sets warm ups with two sets all out. As always, increase poundages whenever possible, eat right, get adequate rest, and drink lots of water. Train hard and heavy and you can’t go wrong.
    Last edited by eyeothetiger; 06-10-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: wrong wording

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    You really, reallly, really, should not cycle.

eyeothetiger is offline Associate Member
    IamtheChitt you really, really, really didn't understand the question...clearly.
    Last edited by eyeothetiger; 06-10-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: inaccurate

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I think he understood everything just fine

kickinit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeothetiger View Post
    IamtheChitt you really, really, really didn't understand the question...clearly.
    I dont get it, WHATS THE QUESTION? Othewise research is your friend man.. If your topic question is really your question then WOW....

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Are you asking what muscles those exercises work?

And your on cycle...

Sucks for you.

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    Dude, I'm really not trying to be an asshole here. I completely understand wanting to jump into all this to put on the mass that you want. BUT.... If you really do not know what exercises work which part of your body, there is no way you have even come close to achieving a frame that comes close to warranting the use of anabolics. I guarantee that with the right knowledge of exercise and diet or even the use of a good personal trainer will give you better results than taking steroids with no knowledge of body building basics. (I do not personally believe in personal trainers, but one could definitely help you in your quest to find which exercises hit what body parts).

I would highly suggest researching in the forums, getting your diet right, and experimenting in the gym. Lighten the weight, and really concentrate on the contraction on these exercises until you FEEL what the exercise is doing for you.

If you really need help, there is a good book that shows, the muscle groups and what exercises train them. If you would like, I can find the name and send it to you.

Anyway, just remember that steroids are a drug and they are dangerous when not used responsibly.

Thread Information