lee.jones73 is offline Associate Member

why dont my traps still pumped

my traps are poor but as soon as i train them wham they look good but then 20 to 30mins after leaving the gym they back to normall size been sufferring with this for years

my traps sessions is combined with shoulder workout

heres just my traps

3sets of dumbel shurgs about 40kg so i can keep the squeeze at the very end
    3sets of bar shurgs in front about 100kg
    3sets of bar shurgs behind about 80kg

all sets of between 10 & 12

ive try rotaining the dumbel at lighter weight in a sort of circler motion front and back,

also tryed doing e-z bar up right rows and using the bar

but i get a great pump on but never last or gets any bigger???
    even tryed jabbing them but that didnt work ethier

can anybody help with this?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Well it'd be strange if any part of you stayed as pump all day long like the muscles are at the gym

Seems to me you are doing a little too much to compensate

What is your training technique like? Are you going heavier and increasing the weight week by week? Changing up the routine and exercises?

A lot of people have a bad technique during this exercise as they just have to much weight in order to do the proper form so you may need to lighten it up in order to move forward

Rolling your shoulders back BEFORE you begin the exercise, lean slightly forward to isolate the traps more, go straight up and down with squeeze. Do static holds, try rest/pause sets with shrugs on the smith, etc

tryed pymrading upwards and then back down i know they wont stay pumped but they seem to go back flat?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    deadlifts

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What day do you do upright rows ? It sounds like you doing to much in 1 day if you do 3 or 4 sets of shoulders ? I do 2 sets for shoulders . 1 compound and 1 isolate . 1 heavy shrugs , dump bell or bar . Then finish off with upright rows or reverse cable crossovers .

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.jones73 View Post
    tryed pymrading upwards and then back down i know they wont stay pumped but they seem to go back flat?
    This is probably where you are going wrong. You should be going to absolute failure at the heaviest weight you can do properly and end it there. Whats the point in going back down in weight? No point, other than wasted time. A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle

Focus in on your form less on the weight like I told you. Utilize static holds, rep pause sets. If they aren't growing then you ARE doing and going about something wrong whether it be or training or insufficient food to fuel growth

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Who cares if they stay pumped? That doesn't mean they are growing. You need to be focused on one thing, and that is growing them. 9 sets is too many sets for traps if you ask me. I do deadlifts, and then 4 sets of shrugs and i'm good for the week.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

my traps are poor but as soon as i train them wham they look good but then 20 to 30mins after leaving the gym they back to normall size been sufferring with this for years

my traps sessions is combined with shoulder workout

heres just my traps

3sets of dumbel shurgs about 40kg so i can keep the squeeze at the very end
    3sets of bar shurgs in front about 100kg
    3sets of bar shurgs behind about 80kg

all sets of between 10 & 12

ive try rotaining the dumbel at lighter weight in a sort of circler motion front and back,

also tryed doing e-z bar up right rows and using the bar

but i get a great pump on but never last or gets any bigger???
    even tryed jabbing them but that didnt work ethier

can anybody help with this?
    Yes, I can!

1) The traps are a large muscle group comprising nearly a 1/3 of the total back mass so they can take a lot of punishment. I do not see you reloading and deloading??? That's your first mistake!!!

2)Second, have you gained any weight? More body weight equals more muscle size if you are pretty lean.

3) Third, genetics are hurting you some as well. So, train them very hard-like 12 sets during a reload and 6 sets during a deload to bring them up to par. Deadlifts can help as well. As can training the traps twice a week!

ty357 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    Who cares if they stay pumped? That doesn't mean they are growing. You need to be focused on one thing, and that is growing them. 9 sets is too many sets for traps if you ask me. I do deadlifts, and then 4 sets of shrugs and i'm good for the week.
    i agree i do 6sets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why dont my traps still pumped-photo.jpg  

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by ty357 View Post
    i agree i do 6sets.
    lol ive been seeing this pic attatched to alot of your posts!.. cocky lol jk

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    Tbar rows and deadlifts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Yes, I can!

1) The traps are a large muscle group comprising nearly a 1/3 of the total back mass so they can take a lot of punishment. I do not see you reloading and deloading??? That's your first mistake!!!

2)Second, have you gained any weight? More body weight equals more muscle size if you are pretty lean.

3) Third, genetics are hurting you some as well. So, train them very hard-like 12 sets during a reload and 6 sets during a deload to bring them up to par. Deadlifts can help as well. As can training the traps twice a week!
    1) what do you mean reloading and deloading you mean heavey then light?

heres some pics of my traps if you can see them lol these pics are few months inbetween
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why dont my traps still pumped-me-sitting.jpg   why dont my traps still pumped-vest.jpg   why dont my traps still pumped-welsh.jpg   why dont my traps still pumped-work-outside.jpg   why dont my traps still pumped-3239_1141204693351_1324459395_30357905_7082279_n.jpg  

ty357 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    lol ive been seeing this pic attatched to alot of your posts!.. Cocky lol jk
    lol i see your paying attention. But i was just showing the op my traps from just doing 6 super sets front and back

randym2690 is offline Junior Member
    yeahh the traps consist of a couple muscles that run through out the back but the top what most people wanna get big is a small group i think your personally overtraining them its a small group and your killing it try backing off them less is more honestly do your deads like dsm said
    p.s shugs with rotation on the shoulders is rotator cuff surgery waiting to happenn

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    1) what do you mean reloading and deloading you mean heavey then light?

heres some pics of my traps if you can see them lol these pics are few months inbetween
    check out the first sticky

Thread Information