Thread: resistance band

bigwelsh is offline New Member

resistance band

Hi, as an unexperienced lifter (on and off for about 6 years) my friend has asked me for some advice in regards to training, but i don't know the answer to.

He wants to know if using a resistance band and doing exercises with it to 'train' instead of hitting the gym will make much difference? If he used supplements/gear whilst using the resistance band would he get bigger/strip fat?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigwelsh View Post
    Hi, as an unexperienced lifter (on and off for about 6 years) my friend has asked me for some advice in regards to training, but i don't know the answer to.

He wants to know if using a resistance band and doing exercises with it to 'train' instead of hitting the gym will make much difference? If he used supplements/gear whilst using the resistance band would he get bigger/strip fat?

Thanks
    he isn't able to get to a gym and do real workouts and really attack his fibers, only planning to use resistance bands... and he wants to use gear?

BPack10 is offline New Member
    He will make more progress using the money he would spend on gear if he buys some used weights and lifts at home. Look on Craig's List and local classified adds. That is if he has any idea how to work out and eats correctly...

Just2Big is offline Associate Member
    I like Bpacks suggestion. Buy some weights. But, I do like resistence bands. I use them in my bie and shoulder workouts. A lot of exercises you do have dead points where there is no resistence. I like to do a few sets of curls and shoulder extentions with a band. Sets of 40-50. keep constant stress on the muscle and gives you a great burn.

Thread Information