Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    WS6_KID- So you don't get anymore confused than you already are. Farmer and Warrior seem to have it right for ya. Just pick something and try it. First off start backing off the carbs some with AM cardio. If that does'nt work than back off the carbs some more. You don't want to lose more than about 1- 1 1/2 lbs a week. Instead of listening to everyone pick an example that everyone's given you and try it. If it does'nt work try another. Good luck and keep us updated.

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by WS6_KID
    Farmer- Whats your story? When did you start, what did your diet look like? Cardio? Training? Etc..... Before after pics? What worked for you? How did you feel? Out of energy? Full of energy? Did you use an OTC <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=FAT%20BURNER S" target="_blank">fat burner</a> or clen if any? What was your starting weight? Ending weight?
    No pics yet but I will....I started at 220 28% and ended at 208'sh at 14%..my diet was complex carbs all throughout the day except for postworkout and like 350 grams of protein a day. I didn't have a diet I just did what "felt" right. This time around and I'm gonna hit it with a strict diet in the beginning and do it the right way. I did cardio 5 days a week in the morning after a protein shake with glutamine. I felt as good as anyone could doing cardio 5x's a week and lifting and working at UPS. I used xenadrine for the ECA. For weights I stuck pretty much the same but dropped the weight a little bit and upped the reps and stopped training to failure, because if I didnt I would overtrain hella quick with what I was putting my body through. If i missed something or you have more ?'s hit me up bro..

peace

Andy is offline Associate Member
    Hehe sorry dont shoot me, Yeah youll drop like a mug on 30g a day but... Personally I get headaches and cant work in the days on 30 I have specifically tried that in past. Around 50 is the lowest I can handle with no noticeable differences in my daily routine. But somewhere in there IMO

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Update: For the first 3 days I dropped to around 30 grams a day and man was it a BLAST J/K I felt Like I was constantly hungry. I couldn't handle it anymore so I upped to about 150 grams a day (today and yesterday) Tomorrow i'm gonna drop back down to around 50 grams a day for the next 2 days. I dont get headaches or dizzy on 30 grams a day I just feel like i'm running on empty all day. I'm down to 225 as of this morning. I've lost a tiny bit of strength in the gym..... Pics coming soon.....

BoostedFirehawk is offline New Member
    Staying really low on carbs isn't good. Are you counting all your calories, carbs, fats, etc... for every meal? Post up what your taking in as far as calories and what not, i would like to take a look.

P.S. - Don't leave out your essential fats (omega-3, etc...).
    Last edited by BoostedFirehawk; 01-16-2003 at 07:09 PM.

Will do...

I believe I've hit ketosis (sp?) I dont have the urge for carbs any more and i've been holding at around 30-50 grams of carbs a day these last two days. I took some before pics and will continue to take progress pics every thursday. . And I can see alot more more muscle in my quads. Supplement wise I'm using hydroxycut, cell tech and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>. Oh and of course <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> powder (nitro-tech or Meso-tech, depending on what time of the day) I feel kinda of flat in the gym and i've lost some strength, but it "appears" I haven't lost any muscle mass. If any one else has anything they wanna suggest please share
    Last edited by WS6_KID; 01-18-2003 at 04:58 PM.

Update: I'm down to approx 220-221 lbs, I'm becoming a little more vascular..... Diet has been consistant and very strict no cheating......pics coming soon

Farmer is offline Member
    Awesome bro, keep at it! Changes don't come overnight so you gotta stick it out.

peace

poshpa is offline New Member
    its pretty simple-eat high protein, low-moderate carbs u dont have to kill your self with not eating them -take in about 100-125gm a day and have them before 2-4pm and thats it- cut ur sugar level down-even fruittry to only have one serving a day and stay away from added sugar-that is the worst thing.u do that and do some spin classes or someting alongs those lines u will def lose the wieght u want.

Update: I'm down to 219 as of this morning....
    i'm gonna try something different these next two weeks, i'll do my cardio 1st thing in the morning as usaul. Instead of weight training after that, i'll do weight training in the evening when I get off..... pics still coming (i know)

Update: I'm 214 as of this morning, the split training is going well. I took new measurments and I've lost and inch and a half off my waistline... (36 inches now) *sigh* Man thats still alot of love handlage. Lately i've been feeling low on energy. Could I take a day or two a week and load carbs (400-500 grams) then drop than back down. Would that hurt me. Anyone with any other advise, please step up....

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Bump..this is a pretty interesting thread....keep it going WS6...and just so you know, for the past 2 years I've been doing cardio/workouts in the morning on an empty stomach. I've put on ALOT of size and strenght using this method. BUT, about 6 months ago I started working out in the pm after work, or doing a split am/pm workout and have put on the most size ever....you just gotta play around with different suggestions until you find out what suits you. It's all about knowing your body and how it reacts to different things. I am currently 6' 243lbs in the 14th week of my first cycle..I have no idea what my bodyfat is, but I am guessing high teens..19....FYI..2 years ago I was at 300lbs and probably about 28% or higher bf...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by WS6_KID
    Update: I'm 214 as of this morning, the split training is going well. I took new measurments and I've lost and inch and a half off my waistline... (36 inches now) *sigh* Man thats still alot of love handlage. Lately i've been feeling low on energy. Could I take a day or two a week and load carbs (400-500 grams) then drop than back down. Would that hurt me. Anyone with any other advise, please step up....
    Once your concern leans more towards performance and less on getting off layers of extra fat - then I would suggest starting carb loading days. They will give you a realy good pump and fill out your muscles - you won't look flat during and a few days after loading. Carb loading is really common in aerobic athletes (vs more anaerobic bodybuilders) - and simply done three days prior to an event.

But bodybuilders apply carbo loading to increase glycogen stores and for cosmetic reasons - to look pumped again. Carbo loading packs on an additional 40 to 60 percent more glycogen stores than normal - glycogen being a preferred fuel for resistance training.

Since more anaerobic athletes (sprinting, bodybuilding, powerlifting, shotput, ...) use less carbs in their normal diet - carbo loading seems to have an even greater effect than aerobic athletes who do not restrict carbs in their normal diet.

Weekends are a good time. Be sure to drink excess water - since carbs will allow your body to hold water again you don't want to give it a reason to do so. Restricting Carbs during the week and then loading on the weekend is a good way to do it. But play with it - maybe you need one day to load. Or three days low - one load repeated.

I would say work hard and get yourself down to at least 200lbs (you will gain 5-6 pounds of water once you introduce carbs again - keep that in mind). Pushing through when you hit the wall sucks - but your body adjust to using ketones and it gets easier - usually takes about 3 weeks. The first 3 weeks can be quite draining.

200lbs is looking like the goal for this month I'll keep ya updated. Should I start adding time on my cardio sessions i've been doing it 3-5 days a week for 45 min and keeping my heart rate around 131. Additional time? Up the intensity???? Thanks for all the support and feedback guys

UPDATE!

Tipped the scales at a massive 205 this morning. Dropped a clear 2 1/2 inches off the waist!!

Farmer is offline Member
    congrats bro, consistency is the key...keep us updated buddy..

peace

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Farmer
    .02 here...when doing the cardio in the morning down a scoop or <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> in water with like 5-10 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>. Ditch the sugar for some splenda or something and keep <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> levels high and carbs level moderate with complex mostly throughout the day (Oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato...etc.) except for postworkout get some HIGH GI carbs in their because your bodys gonna be going through some shit with between the cardio and weight training...good luck bro!

keep us posted..

peace
    I am also planning on doing cardio in the mornings before breakfast (right when I wake up). How soon before you start the cardio do you drink the protein and glutamine? Is it okay to do it RIGHT before, or some time like 30 mins? Wouldn't u get an upset stomach if you hit cardio right after drinking protein or something? (just guessing here)

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by Terinox

I am also planning on doing cardio in the mornings before breakfast (right when I wake up). How soon before you start the cardio do you drink the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>? Is it okay to do it RIGHT before, or some time like 30 mins? Wouldn't u get an upset stomach if you hit cardio right after drinking <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> or something? (just guessing here)
    I wake up at 6:45 and take a couple betalean, then go upstairs to have the scoop of protein and 5 grams of glutamine, which would be around 6:50 then I'm at the gym by 7:15...so I try and make it around a half an hour..I am usually concerned with getting the beta-lean early enough so by the time I get to the gym I'm already in Overdrive As far as getting an upset stomach, I never have and I've had a few times where I had the shake on the way out the door.

Peace

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Farmer

I wake up at 6:45 and take a couple betalean, then go upstairs to have the scoop of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and 5 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>, which would be around 6:50 then I'm at the gym by 7:15...so I try and make it around a half an hour..I am usually concerned with getting the beta-lean early enough so by the time I get to the gym I'm already in Overdrive As far as getting an upset stomach, I never have and I've had a few times where I had the shake on the way out the door.

Peace
    Great, thanks for the info. Most likely I will be doing cardio in my basement, so I'll drink the protein, and wait about 30 mins or so.

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like a plan man!
    I've found that running in the morning does help the fat burning process.
    It keeps your metabolism high throughout the day, and since your stomach is already empty, your body has no choice but to burn fat for energy (along with a little muscle, but keep your protein intake high, and this should minimize it).

Good Luck Dude!

UPDATE

Here's a few pics snapped yesterday. I'm still not done cutting down yet

Cant forget the wheels

Opinons, feedback both positive and negative are greatly appreciated. Any advice? Suggestions for further cutting???

Update: 200 even today

roch is offline Member
    keep it up man, you're looking great. your legs look alot like mine and I find they are hard to grow. whats your waist doen to now?

jssmc is offline Associate Member
    Any updates bro? Looking good!
    Jssmc

MikedaMan57 is offline Junior Member
    farmer dude... im looking to lose the that kind of fat too... how did you do it... can we get the full story... including supplements and cardio routine

MikedaMan57 is offline Junior Member
    sorry guys... didnt see the second page.. haha... i am going to be doing a diet like talked about on this thread... very low carbs... basically just whats in my nitrotech... (BEING THAT I JUST STARTED... WHEN SHOULD BE THE FIRST TIME I HAVE A CARB LOADING DAY OR A CHEAT DAY... CAN I DO IT AT THE END OF 7 DAYS OR SHOULD I WAIT A FEW WEEKS... OR NOT AT ALL... I HAVE ALOT OF FAT TO LOSE THAT I WILL BE WORKING ON ALL SUMMER)... and I will be running in the morning... also going to cycle clenbuterol and hydroxycut 2 weeks a piece for 8 weeks....
    thoughts???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information