SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member

Need help on my chest

Hey everyone
    Well I seem to be having a problem bringing out my chest. Like I do my exercise's heavy but I don't see much progress in my chest its pretty much just stayed the same size and the weird thing is my chest will always get sore but i've been overseas for 10 months and really haven't seen much progress in my chest could it be because my diet? or my technique possibly? here's my routine as of now its changed a few times when being over here.

Bench 5x 10 8 8 5 5
    Incline DB 4x 12 10 8 6
    Decline Cable Flys 3x 12 12 12
    Low Cable Pulls 3x 12 12 12

this is what im doing currently it gets me some what pumped up and sore but im not seeing much any help on adjusments would be appreciated guys thanks.

rmalouf is offline Associate Member
    looks like a decent routine....but then again, i never really plan out my reps n sets too much, i go more by feel...i like to train my chest to failure. and my chest seems to respond to very heavy training...good luck!!

SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member
    Yeah usually i dont count reps i usually go till i cant go anymore but i stick with what im doing and see what happens. Thanks.

hellawaits77 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaSqUaDgE View Post
    Yeah usually i dont count reps i usually go till i cant go anymore but i stick with what im doing and see what happens. Thanks.
    If you aren't seeing gains, I would make some changes. Maybe you consider lowering your sets down to 2-3 per exercise, and going to failure (true failure) at 5-8 reps every set.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Try changing your work out (for all body parts) every 4 weeks or so. 3 weeks hard, the 4th week 1/2 the number of sets as a recovery week.

OOMPH is offline New Member

workout

Do you train chest with someone?

I train heavy with someone else, I push him past his limits and make him do negatives and help him up on reps. I got his bench up from 145 to 225 in two months of training. He can now do 225 without me....

I rep 10-8-6-4 on chest days, start with flat bench then decline then incline. We try and go to failure on each. We also do flys and mix in machines and dumbells to keep it fresh....

I always experienced gains when someone forces me to do heaver. Maybe push yourself on a smith machine if you have no spotter????

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaSqUaDgE View Post
    Hey everyone
    Well I seem to be having a problem bringing out my chest. Like I do my exercise's heavy but I don't see much progress in my chest its pretty much just stayed the same size and the weird thing is my chest will always get sore but i've been overseas for 10 months and really haven't seen much progress in my chest could it be because my diet? or my technique possibly? here's my routine as of now its changed a few times when being over here.

Bench 5x 10 8 8 5 5
    Incline DB 4x 12 10 8 6
    Decline Cable Flys 3x 12 12 12
    Low Cable Pulls 3x 12 12 12

this is what im doing currently it gets me some what pumped up and sore but im not seeing much any help on adjusments would be appreciated guys thanks.

This is what has done wonders for me:

Flat DB: 8,8,8,8
    Incline BB: 8,8,8
    Decline BB: 10,10,10
    Incline Flies: 5,5,5 ( I don't know why, but going heavy on Incline Flies gave me much better results than sets of 8-10)
    Cable Cross Overs or Pec Dec machine: 10,10,10

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    If what you're doing isn't working, then you need to change it. You're doing quite a lot on chest day, I think you're overtraining.

High reps and sets works for some people but from what you're saying I dont think its working for you.

Try this:

Flat bench 3 sets of 8 - 10
    incline bench 3 sets of 8 - 10
    incline flys 2 sets of 8 - 10

Try go to good failure.

Sometimes less is more

over812 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    This is what has done wonders for me:

Flat DB: 8,8,8,8
    Incline BB: 8,8,8
    Decline BB: 10,10,10
    Incline Flies: 5,5,5 ( I don't know why, but going heavy on Incline Flies gave me much better results than sets of 8-10)
    Cable Cross Overs or Pec Dec machine: 10,10,10
    Nice routine ******! I agree with using the dumbells over the straight bar especially if you're "Stuck". I don't hit the pec dec anymore due to shoulder probs but finishing off with cables really pumps my pecs.

Thread Information