OOMPH is offline New Member

Cutting help for a rookie please

Hello everyone,

Finally at a size that I can be happy with..

Here is the stats: 30 years old, 5'6", 196 Pounds.

Been lifting heavy, bench is 225 10 reps, 315 8 reps, 385 6 reps....etc.

No injuries thus far, been lifting right the last two years and working out off and on before that since high school (105 pound/115 pound wrestler back then!)

Ok I have been bulking forever and I have never really had a cutting workout. I really do not do cardio because I do not want to lose weight.
    NOW I am ready to cut up so I need help in a workout program that will get me to lose the lower back fat and show stomach muscle again.....

What do you guys recommend to get me cut up without losing too much muscle????

I take Optimum nutrition lean gainer/ pro complex, Nutrex Volu gro (creatine Glycogen loader), Intrapro why protein isolate, superpump 250 prior to working out... I plan on stopping the use of the lean gainer in the morning and switching to pro complex for breakfast. I use the whey protein isolate after working out and the Nutrex volugro.

I eat oatmeal twice a day at work with coffee and water. Coffee is black no sugar. At home: chicken, beef, potatoes.

Thanks for any input I want to start working torwards a ripped mid section since it has been years since I have had a six pack. Any advice on workout routines or change in my diet is welcome. I appreciate the help in advance....

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    you need a diet and cardio. lift the same when you are cutting as when you are bulking. maybe if you are at a calorie deficit and don't have as much recovery fuel (food) then lower sets and days per week.

over812 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    you need a diet and cardio. lift the same when you are cutting as when you are bulking. maybe if you are at a calorie deficit and don't have as much recovery fuel (food) then lower sets and days per week.
    Well said!

routine

Twist and other members...

So what cardio program do you recommend?

I currently workout 4-5 days a week with weights.

1. Chest
    2. Arms
    3. Legs
    4. back/shoulders
    or split shoulders for its own day.

I do no cardio right now. What do you recommend I do to cut my mid section up?

cardio 4/5 days a week for at least 45 minutes at an elevated heart rate?

What should I use treadmill and do a fast walk?
    Recumbrent bike or elliptical?

My goal here is to burn off fat to get a more ripped mid section and lower back. I want to retain muscle so I wanted to hear what routine you guys do to get that "cut" look.

thanks

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Use stairmaster or treadmill when doing cardio alone, and bicycle if it is after workout with weights. 45 minute minimum when doing cardio with no weights, I do hour and a half. If after weights, I say 30 minute minimum.

your intensity all depends on your bf. high bf (over 15%) do HIIT style, if below 15% then you can do low intensity only pwo, and low intensity after 20 minutes of HIIT when cardio only.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do 20 minutes when I go in the gym then go do my weights 20 minutes at the end .On treadmill 6,5%incline at fast walk for 5minutes speed 6.5 then take the incline up to 15% for 10minutes speed 7.0 the last 5minutes bring the incline down to 4% up the speed to 8.5 and run for the last 5minutes . Also you might wont to start doing some abs I do mine everyday no heavy weights just a good burn

deleted
    Last edited by OOMPH; 02-16-2010 at 04:48 PM.

thanks guys!

Exactly what I was looking for. I am starting today on cardio. hopefully I will see results in 30 days.

thanks guys

Scorpion

Hey Scorpion with that cardio routine do you have ab definition? I have the bulk of my fat in belly and lower back area.

thanks.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes I have definition , I work hard on my abs as I feel the weight just sits there,As Twist said just keep lifting the same weight up your cardio.I just dont let my abs go when Iam bulking for me it takes months to burn of the fat from my abs so I wont let them go, good luck

Thread Information