diesel2030 is offline Junior Member

Circuit training vs standard

Whats your opinion on some of these workouts vs standard lifting?

Circuit training(300 workout, minimal time between sets,) this is more of a cardio workout in my opinion..will you build muscle or mostly lose fat on this regimen

Standard workout- lifiting heave 10,8, 6 reps...minutes between sets...for building muscle only?

I have started mixing it up weekly....but i wonder if I am hurting myself by doin this...

I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I take circuit training classes for all types of people and levels of fitness. But their mainly used for conditioning, rather that building muscle IMHO. I also take them for MMA fighters.

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    I'm interested on this subject too... I've seen many big guys always training with circuits or trisets or some things like that... Altough I think the only way to build muscle is by "standard" training, meaning 6-10 reps 2-3min rest in between sets...
    Lets see what others think.

supersetman is offline Associate Member
    keep us updated on how your circuit training is going. Are you losing weight and gaining muscle?

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Circuit training will def burn some fat. If this is your only type of working out you do your gains as far as strength/mass will be minimal, unless your body is completely unfamiliar with resistance training. If you're really into that kind of training though, I'd look into Crossfit, you'll burn fat and make gains.

diesel2030 is offline Junior Member
    I have recently started doin some circuit training(300 type stuff) within the last month and I have noticed some fat loss but also some muscle as well......which I dont want to do....but maybe this points more towards diet(which is pretty good).........I am mixing it up now...one week circuit, one standard to see how it goes

I am just wondering can you gain muscle on circuit style training...even on a bulk diet?

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I don't see why it would be impossible, but the gains would be minimal compared to a workout regiment FOR gaining muscle

Thread Information