cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Knee and Elbow wraps; recommend them?

I've got some tendonitis in one elbow and my one knee is clicky / gets just slightly sore after deadlifts or squats. I think I am a good candidate for using wraps. Have you guys had success with them? Something is holding me back.. I think its ego. Or comfort. I dunno. So I want some opinions to help me pull the trigger.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get tendonitis in my knee sometimes, it always seems not to far away, so I use Tommy Kono sleeves, they are great for keeping the joint warm.

I also have to strap my wrist for a few excerises like side raises, curls, bench.....but I am old and have damaged myself a few times.

Egos not an issue.... Lol, or maybe it is, as supports help me lift shit loads of weight

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Sifcamina is what you need

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    i have no experience with elbow wraps but knee wraps are one the best investments ive made.

ive had two knee surgeries and strapping them tight gives great stability in your knees to focus on lifting but also psycological confidence.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    My philosophy has always been to lift safely and as heavy as possible without any aids. If used properly however and still keeping a full range of motion they can be very useful. Just don't be that guy who leg presses 1000 pound for 2 inches with wraps and cannot press 2 plates without them because the ligaments and joints have become so weak over time.

One suggestion especially for knees is to use your thumb and index finger to track the movement of the patella so that it does not slide out of place rather than relying on other methods.

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    All this injury crap gets me paranoid... the last think any one would want is an injury wich will take you out a couple weeks or months etc... So i would rather stick with the instructions my yr 11 teacher gave me before i screwed her.. "strap up young man"...

Peace!

shortybrolick is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    i have no experience with elbow wraps but knee wraps are one the best investments ive made.

ive had two knee surgeries and strapping them tight gives great stability in your knees to focus on lifting but also psycological confidence.
    I agree 100%, especially as far as the psychological confidence.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    I've got some tendonitis in one elbow and my one knee is clicky / gets just slightly sore after deadlifts or squats. I think I am a good candidate for using wraps. Have you guys had success with them? Something is holding me back.. I think its ego. Or comfort. I dunno. So I want some opinions to help me pull the trigger.
    I use knee wraps all the time for leg work and I highly recommend them. Don't let you ego get in the way of protecting your joints. Once you mess them up...it is hard to recover. BELIEVE me.

Inzer makes great quality products. I have had the same belt and wraps from them for almost 15years.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...ID=WRAPS_IRONZ

Do yourself a favor a just pay the extra couple bucks for the longer 2.5 meter wraps. 2.0 meters on big legs just don't do the job. You will also find you will be able to squat more weight too.

Wrist wraps help me too.

Never used/needed elbow wraps.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys all great responses. I am going to go ahead and buy some.

Thread Information