cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

You are having a great time in the gym, high energy, and then..

You realize you have completed all exercises you need to, your muscles feel taxed, but you want to do more. What do you do? I'm looking for any helpful answers but kind of hoping to get some muscle group specific suggestions.

An obvious one is do some cardio to cut fat. I'll give an example though; on back/bicep day I will sometimes throw in some hand and forearm exercises. Reverse wrist curl. Grip exercises with a barbell behind my back. ETC. Yes a proper back day with heavy deadlifts etc will tax the biceps, forearms back etc. But I can visually see my wrist get bigger doing reverse wrist curls and thats no shit. I can see my hand get just a little bigger by targeting it. I'm not looking for "essential" exercises; just stuff you can throw in on those days when you really are enjoying the gym.

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    Train with more intensity

By the time you finish your 40-50min workout you should be so exhausted that you couldn't do one more rep.

Have you seen Dorian Yates training? Well that's what I'm talking about, for example.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    usually, for whatever reason if I want to do more, on back/bi days, I will throw in forearms. chest days, I might do a set of pushups till failure, but usually doesn't happen because I'll smoke my chest so much, I'll be lucky to get 2 push ups lol. leg day..lol **** doing more...squats alone make me puke

and of course cardio...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Work out until you puke.....
    I usually end doing a really light set with higher reps because I know no way I can do a heavy set but I focus even more than usual on form and SLOW motion burn. After that last set I am more than spent...

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    I usually know when my muscles are taxed and I don't try and let my ego steer me to a injury. A man must know his limits.

If you still have energy, get a girlfriend and take it out on her.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I focus on the quality of my sets instead of the quantity. If I'm at the end of a rep, and my eyes are bugging out, and my legs are quivering, and my arms are shaking, and that last rep is just sitting there, trying to defy gravity, and then slowly starts losing ground until it bottoms out, then that is the end of my set. Three sets of those with failure at 15/10/5 reps and I'm done with that routine. I'm really not sure what more sets would accomplish. Sometimes, you are just done. If you want to hang out at the gym, go get a juice.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 06-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_holland View Post
    I usually know when my muscles are taxed and I don't try and let my ego steer me to a injury. A man must know his limits.

If you still have energy, get a girlfriend and take it out on her.
    Well said my man! And hopefully the GF can handle the pounding!!! =)

Thread Information