Quote Originally Posted by sean_holland View Post
gbrice - You've been a nice guy in every thread I've been in not sure why you caught all this flack here. I knew what you were referring to when you mentioned 'front traps' clearly that's not an actual muscle, but the angle of sight that you meant.

I use Upright Rows as the second exercise in my delt training, and I get some good trap and lateral delt results from it. I use a EZ-Bar and not a Straight Bar cause my wrists tend take some punishment with a straight bar.

Otherwise, shrugs have always worked. For some reason my traps have always been fairly large even when my training routines were lacking or at a stand still.
Sean - thanks for the kind words bro. Message boards will always have clowns looking to get a rise out of people. Personally, I don't mind - I just let them self destruct. I used to get into it with them, but these days I take the high road, more or less.

I've recently incorporated upright rows using the EZ Curl bar as you mentioned, and I noticed that I was able to do more weight this way, so it's definitely a good suggestion and it definitely hits the traps. Once I get to the top of the movement, i've been squeezing, actually shrugging with it. Not nearly enough weight to be considered a real shrug, but I always like to extend and contract the muscle as much as possible, so I figured it couldn't hurt.