benbean77 is offline Junior Member

Arrow too much or spot on ???

ok i seen this training programme which is suposed to be a good programme for gaining strength and muscle mass and was wondering if you thought it is to much or just to give it a go and see how it goes
    monday-deadlifts-bicep-triceps
    tuesday-legs
    wednesday-shoulders
    thurday-deadlifts-back
    friday-chest-squats
    i have the time and motivation for this week. for each bodypart i usually do about 3-5 different exercises depending on the bodypart, and 3-4 sets ranging from 6-12 reps.
    should i give this week a bash and see how thing go. at the moment i am only training 3-4 days per week but looking for a 5 day programme.
    any advice ?
    thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been struggling to fill my 5th day also. I'd like to find some equipment so that I can do a reverse situp (facing down, works the lower back), so for now, I just kind of spot fill til I figure things out. Although I work out at home, it still is at home, and I don't have quite all the equipment the gym would.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont like 5 day programs as much as 4. I believe in never working out more than two days in a row.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I dont like 5 day programs as much as 4. I believe in never working out more than two days in a row.
    I've been waivering between what you just said, and 5 days/week.
    mon/tue - work out
    wed - rest
    thur/fri - w/o

does work out beautifully for me, and the 5th day has been a struggle to find quality routines while still adhering to the principal of 1 day a week per muscle group.

my push for a 5th day is that I'm older and at my age, I have to put in a greater effort than most to get a similar result, or be content with moderately less than average results compared to someone that's 30.

on the other hand, resting on wednesday does give your central nervous system a break.

Thread Information