spidermonkey is offline New Member

workout avice for novice

hi guys new to the forums, been training on and off for about a year and did start to se good results untill i started a new jobs on night shifts then just didnt have the time to go to th gym an lost every thing withing a few months but now job has finished really want to get back into it an was just wondering if any one could suggest a good workout i could follow im 5'10 210lbs not all fat jus big boned lol any advice will be great thanks

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Spidermonkey, What is your goal, cutting down, gaining strength, mass? I think if you post your goal, and your current diet I think some of us can help you. If your trying to cut down fat, yet eating mash potatoes and gravy drenched turkey can be pointless. Your diet and work out will show you results and we need to know your goal dude. Post em up.
    Last edited by cerealkiller326; 12-30-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    Welcome Spidermonkey, What is your goal, cutting down, gaining strength, mass? I think if you post your goal, and your current diet I think some of us can help you. If your trying to cut down fat, yet eating mash potatoes and gravy drenched turkey can be pointless. Your diet and work out will show you results and we need to know your goal dude. Post em up.
    hi mate, my goal is to bulk up an gain strenth an burn the extra fat, my daily diet consists of
    morning, 7am
    oats with water
    2 egg whites
    banana

9am
    protein shake
    fruit

baked potato
    grilled chicken
    and a lot of green salad

4pm
    another shake and some fruit

6pm
    same as 12am meal but with veg instead of salads

not a big meat eater only like chicken and turky

dunno if this diet is to good or if im eating the right foods im just trying to see what other bodybuilders are eating an trying to do the same kind of diet.
    also been thinking creatine but will that make you put on more weight?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post
    hi mate, my goal is to bulk up an gain strenth an burn the extra fat, my daily diet consists of
    morning,

7am
    oats with water
    2 egg whites
    banana

Replace with this:
    1cup oats
    6 egg whites
    banana

9am
    protein shake
    fruit

Make sure you have 30-40g of Protein

baked potato
    grilled chicken
    and a lot of green salad

Replace the potato with sweet potato or 1/2 cup brown rice.

4pm
    another shake and some fruit

There is bit of a gap between your Lunch and this meal, is this your PWO meal? Again make sure your protein intake is between 30-40g atleast

6pm
    same as 12am meal but with veg instead of salads

9PM

1 cup reduced fat cottage cheese

not a big meat eater only like chicken and turkey

dunno if this diet is to good or if im eating the right foods im just trying to see what other bodybuilders are eating an trying to do the same kind of diet.
    also been thinking creatine but will that make you put on more weight?
    In Bold is what you should look at, its a start. What time do you work out and when? Any protein intake should be around 30-40g whether its from chicken, turkey, egg white, lean fish, whey/casein protein . To my calculation of the revised diet, your protein intake should be 200g. Your carb intake should be around 110-120g, fat-50g or less. Creatine is fine, your gain from it shouldn't worry you.
    Last edited by cerealkiller326; 12-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    In Bold is what you should look at, its a start. What time do you work out and when? Any protein intake should be around 30-40g whether its from chicken, turkey, egg white, lean fish, whey/casein protein . To my calculation of the revised diet, your protein intake should be 200g. Your carb intake should be around 110-120g, fat-50g or less. Creatine is fine, your gain from it shouldn't worry you.
    thanks mate the advice is great an ill start to follow it right away, i work out between 4-6 norm for about 1 hour to 1:30, with the creatine have you got to do a loading cycle or something?

Blog Entries
    No problem, creatine I don't think you have to on certain products. I just take BSN cellmass, and I have no complaints about it.

Thread Information