Train2Win is offline New Member

New and Asking Advise for my Schedule

Well I have been working out for about 3 years now and put on about 20 lbs my first year and then put on about 15lbs in the last two years but I really don't see much improvement unless I am super strict on my diet. which is pretty hard cause I'm a college student.

Anyways before,,, my workouts have always been training one body part a day training 5 days a week. lifting the hell out the muscle for 10 sets a part like a hundred reps total.

Now,,, I have completely switched up my workouts and I only go the gym 3 days a week and do a full body circuit training 10-15 reps per body part and do 25reps on body parts I'm specializing in but I still keep the whole workout to about 9-12 sets.

Anyways I was just wondering scientifically which way will allow for more growth. I have been working out for 3 years now but thats mainly been endurance training like cycling over 30miles/rowing over 15 miles a day and now I'm finally bodybuilding. but is 48 hours enough for my to grow or should i probably revert to my first workout routine, which I don't mind because i would like to spend 5 days in the gym instead of 3. And should I consider myself a beginner since i've never really trained to gain?

thanks for advise Im 6'2 and 160, 22 years old, and im really defined but still want to gain to 175-180 naturally.

pebble is offline Associate Member
    You schedule is fine, but your rep ranges are off. Look for about 9-15 sets total per major movement (or muscle) per week (using 7 days).

Read the other threads discusing rep ranges to get a better idea of why.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...58#post5540758

Thread Information