Saharh is offline New Member

Aerobic stamina while gaining weight

Hey guys,
    how to keep on good stamina while gaining weight?
    Is it possible?
    As far as I know when you do an aerobic exercise you loss muscle mass along fat mass.....

Tnx for the help

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    walking>running but sprints>walking, if you wanna stay in condition just do a sprint workout or 2 during the week, it will also add muscle

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Not always. Personally, I do HIIT cardio sessions 2x a week in addition to lifting 5x a week. These 2 intense sessions keep the fat gain down and still allows me to put on quality muscle. Some people also like to include low-moderate cardios sessions (30 to 45 mins) a few times a week to keep fat gains down. It all depends on the individual and caloric intake.

jogging will emasculate you, just look at all the people doing it for examples, most bodybuilders are gravitating towards walking at a fast pace now because jogging will tear down muscle fast, but sprints will always reign supreme, again just look at ppl who sprint

pebble is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    walking>running but sprints>walking, if you wanna stay in condition just do a sprint workout or 2 during the week, it will also add muscle
    Sprints don't work the right energy system for stamina. Walking or jogging does.

Quote Originally Posted by pebble View Post
    Sprints don't work the right energy system for stamina. Walking or jogging does.
    really?! go run a 200 yard sprint or a 400 and then tell me if you think differently, sprints put everything else to shame and is much better for your health, body, and joints

Oh ... yeah, I must of missed that. I didn't realize you were talking bro science. My bad. Keep spouting off ignorant bullshit.

Sprinting a 200 or 400 yard (my guess is you mean meters seeing as they are standard track events) focuses on the ATP -PCr and anaerobic glycolytic systems that are only able to maintain dominance over energy contribution for 10ish and 180 seconds respectively. That does not sound like stamina too me. It sounds like a short bursts.

And give me some evidence that sprints are healthier for your body. The higher impact sprints puts the knees at MORE (does not mean you should not run) risk of injury than low impact walking. On top of that aerobic activity at the lower intensities is much more beneficial because it not only causes peripheral adaptions (which sprinting can also cause), but also central adaptations (that sprinting has minimal affect on).

ok wonder how much time you took to research all that, now anyways go run a 200 or better a 400 yard sprint and tell me you stil think the same way, you wont, sprinting is safer than jogging, but walking is safer than sprinting which i should of specified, its not bro science its real science which thousands of athletes can contribute too, if jogging is what you want im not going to stop you, but by experience (which obviously you dont have) sprinting along with other anaerobic activities will get you in better shape and a better body with healthier joints than jogging

ok wonder how much time you took to research all that, now anyways go run a 200 or better a 400 yard sprint and tell me you stil think the same way, you wont, sprinting is safer than jogging, but walking is safer than sprinting which i should of specified, its not bro science its real science which thousands of athletes can contribute too, if jogging is what you want im not going to stop you, but by experience (which obviously you dont have) sprinting along with other anaerobic activities will get you in better shape and a better body with healthier joints than jogging
    Dude, you can look through all my posts. They are littered with science, primary literature and references to other scholastic publications. I am not researching basic exercise physiology, but that fact that you think one would have to highlights your inexperience and imaturity on this topic. Please do not discredit my years of real world and scholastic training because you do not understand them.

Running is not safer than jogging (once again I am not saying running is bad for you). And seeing as you are making the claim the burden of prof lies with you. Now provide some evidence (quantitative empirical evidence) and I will start to consider your stance.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Cardiovascular activity during bulk helps with blood flow into your muscles , so your muscles won't hurt so much and also you stay leaner. Last but not least its good for your heart

Quote Originally Posted by pebble View Post
    Dude, you can look through all my posts. They are littered with science, primary literature and references to other scholastic publications. I am not researching basic exercise physiology, but that fact that you think one would have to highlights your inexperience and imaturity on this topic. Please do not discredit my years of real world and scholastic training because you do not understand them.

Running is not safer than jogging (once again I am not saying running is bad for you). And seeing as you are making the claim the burden of prof lies with you. Now provide some evidence (quantitative empirical evidence) and I will start to consider your stance.
    no, please dont discredit MY years of experience, now thats great that your an internet warrior and like to site all kinds of science, but in the world of lifting weights for whatever cause, alot of times science has been proven wrong by people with experience
    you remind me of somebody i know who has read a book on HIT and a couple muscle mags and thinks he knows everything from what hes read
    also for your jogging, im not looking anything up, you can on your time, but its been proven over and over that marathon runners and recreational joggers have WAY more injuries than sprinters due to repetitive motion
    i understand that everybody that lifts weights thinks that they are now considered an expert
    now im not a certified personal trainer, but i have trained 3 people along with myself, and all have experienced great results, but guess what, two of them kept asking me when they were going to "jog", i told them what were doing enough but they couldnt help themselves and ended up jogging on their own, i kicked them to the curb and now they are emasculated weaklings, but do your own thing man, the results you get will speak for themselves

no, please dont discredit MY years of experience, now thats great that your an internet warrior and like to site all kinds of science, but in the world of lifting weights for whatever cause, alot of times science has been proven wrong by people with experience
    you remind me of somebody i know who has read a book on HIT and a couple muscle mags and thinks he knows everything from what hes read
    also for your jogging, im not looking anything up, you can on your time, but its been proven over and over that marathon runners and recreational joggers have WAY more injuries than sprinters due to repetitive motion
    i understand that everybody that lifts weights thinks that they are now considered an expert
    now im not a certified personal trainer, but i have trained 3 people along with myself, and all have experienced great results, but guess what, two of them kept asking me when they were going to "jog", i told them what were doing enough but they couldnt help themselves and ended up jogging on their own, i kicked them to the curb and now they are emasculated weaklings, but do your own thing man, the results you get will speak for themselves
    Sorry, I didn't know you trained 3 people. That counts for a lot. You thought the energy systems physiology which I didn't even break the ice on was heavy enough to require "research". Sorry, but that instantly minimize your credibility on the topic. You have no background to even understand how to recognize the systems, never-mind train them properly.

I have internationally recognized certs. I have experience training high level athletes (pro NHL NFL CFL variety of collegiate level), I have worked in athletic therapy for private schools and in the hospital systems training high risk patients. I think I am a better judge of you on this topic.

You're right joggers get injuries, sprinters get injuries, so do walkers, and people that lift weights. They all get different types of injuries based on the actives they preform because they have different physiological demands. I don't see your point. You cant make the conclusions you are based of anecdotal evidence that you claim to be certain of. If there is so much alleged information do a 30 second Google search and bring some up. Show everyone I am full of shit. Everyone gets injured, but that's besides the point. The main point is that the OP asked about stamina and your advice was off the mark because you suggested work that would target the wrong energy systems. It's that simple.

well for being 19 training three people is good, i suggested sprinting because it puts jogging and walking to shame, basically better results, and at 19 ive spent thousands (literally) of hours reading everything i can from blogs to books to articles to people and also experience myself, ill be the first one to say certs dont mean jack in this industry, results do, which wont come unless you have experience (the right kind) and also knowledge on training, but anyways pebble im sure that you really have trained pros and all, care to name any? but i dont like to take advice from ppl that arent stronger than me soo, cya

well for being 19 training three people is good, i suggested sprinting because it puts jogging and walking to shame, basically better results,
    Results? Explain. Be discriminative and say exactly the results it gave. And are the results even relevant to the OPs question about stamina?

and at 19 ive spent thousands (literally) of hours reading everything i can from blogs to books to articles to people and also experience myself,
    So at 19 you expect me to believe that you have spent about 125 days (3,000 hours) reading and talking about well-informed training methodology, practice, periodization, and physiology (so you understand how to manipulate what you’re working with), but didn’t manage to come across anything about basic energy system philology. To me it sounds like a lot of that time was wasted reading bro science and other pointless information. On top of that 3,000 hours is on the low end of what it takes to master a task skill based off of Gladwells work (10,000 is the minimum he suggests).

ill be the first one to say certs don’t mean jack in this industry, results do, which wont come unless you have experience (the right kind) and also knowledge on training,
    Most certs don't, but the good ones say a lot because they require hundreds of hours of experience in specific fields before you can apply for them. To me it sounds like you’re thinking of Certs like ACE, when I am referring to ACSM exercise physiologist and other specializations that require 4 year honour degrees + practical field hours.

but anyways pebble im sure that you really have trained pros and all, care to name any?

I have no desire to share the names of people I have worked with because it does not contribute anything to this thread.

but i dont like to take advice from ppl that arent stronger than me soo, cya
    You have no idea who I am. How can you make assumptions about my level of strength. Maybe you should start to seeing as the best athletes in the world do. Your ignorance to this topic is a prime example of why you need to start listening to anyone that can teach you something about exercise physiology even if they have never lifted a weight in their life. Use it all kid, every bit of information will help you broaden your skill set even it is discarded at a later time because you have analyzed it and found it to be flawed. It still made you question your beliefs. As soon as you stop questioning your beliefs you become lazy and stop growing and progressing (mentally which will lead to physically).
    to physically).

Good luck,
    pebble
    Last edited by pebble; 06-20-2011 at 08:19 PM.

ok, well i don't want to e-fight, i guess what im trying to get across to the op is dont become a cardio bunny unless you're training for a marathon or long, slow distance work, sprinting will ad muscle and cut fat way faster, dont want to come off as a jackass pebble its just that everyday im surrounded by people that are so ignorant on training thinking all they need to do is bench and curls yet they argue with me over stupid shit, lol so yeah i think all males like to defend their opinions but your right on one thing i should broaden my mind up to more things, which i do, i guess i just have something against jogging cuz its the opposite of what i do

Thread Information