Dragon666 is offline Junior Member

Forearms disproportional to upper arms....

Damn it. When I used to inject AS, I mainly did it in triceps/delts/gluts. Now years later I can tell the site-injects have bigger growth than the rest of the areas around it... especially my upper arms to forearm size ratio.

I've tried tying off my forearms to keep the pump, then slamming them hard with just forearm curls, isometric squeezes, etc., and even with a full pump in my forearms and no pump in my upper arms they are still disproportional.

I'm thinking I'll have to try some .5 cc injects into my forearms to get the IGF site-injection benefits I got from the other spots... but damn it, I really don't want to do that. But even the hardest core training I've done, I feel like Im going to pop some blood vessels in my forearms if I go any harder, but they just won't grow the way I want them too...

Also my arms taper off to hella small wrists compared to my upper arms, and I got big ass hands so it looks weird as ****. Anyone else experience this... can lend some thoughts/tips/advice?

*** I want to move this thread to the parent category to get more views... is there a way to do that?
    Last edited by Dragon666; 06-28-2011 at 03:15 PM.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Genetics can be a bitch

Behind the back wrist curls burn the living hell out of my forearms in terms of exercises

I also don't think AS can cause localized growth? Correct me if im wrong, I don't remember reading any studs on it

Never heard of peeps doing mgf forearm shots but hey it's better that injecting some synthol into them and ending up with popeye forearms arms lol

g/l

Dragon666 is offline Junior Member
    lol... never doing synthol dude.

Well, studies or not, I can pretty much testify to localized growth at my injection points. I heard that it MAY increase the IGF-1 uptake at the injection spot and this could explain why. The science isn't clear, but in my body, I'm certain that I've experienced this localized growth from the injections.

And yah dude, it's totally genetics. My dad/grand dad has the same forearms. I can't dope my genes (yet) but I can throw a curve ball in there and really try to WILL them into shape. I'm going to hit them hard these next 4 months, log the measurements and take it easy on my upper arms to try to that nice golden-ratio between upper/lower arms I'm looking for.

Aussie D is offline New Member
    Hey , I find that reverse grip curls work my forearm's really well
    I use the ezy bar it seem's to place my hand's in a better position.

nakota2k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie D View Post
    Hey , I find that reverse grip curls work my forearm's really well
    I use the ezy bar it seem's to place my hand's in a better position.
    completely agree, as well as single dumb bells reverse curls (palm down)

tyciol is offline New Member
    The reverse grip curls help hit the brachioradialis, which is the elbow flexor that has its belly in the forearm (brachialis and biceps have most of belly on the upper arm).

What about wrist curls though? This is important for hitting the other forearm muscles, which only get an isometric workout during elbow curls.

Thread Information