Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Hey Base, I read where you were talking about your max squat and i wanted just to tell you that Ive been doing HIT(on and off) for awhile, proably since 05'. its very hard on your body. I just do a few months of HIT then I switch over to more of a volume type workout now, I did it straight for a long while at first and it destroyed my body. You pay for HIT down the road dearly.....why do you think Yates is so broken down. Just make sure to take care of your body when your young and you will thank yourself when your my age.
    Great post.

Had to quote it in case any noobs missed it.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    I just started back after a 6 month layoff
    And I am followin a different HIT routine to ease back into it, but still very intense.

1 set to failure going for 10 reps

Leg curls
    Leg extentions
    Leg Press

Bench
    DB Pullovers
    Bent over BB Rows

Standing bb Shoulder Press
    BB curls
    2 hand overhead Tricep extention

Standing Calv raises
    situps to failure

Suppose to do this for 4 weeks. raising weight as needed to stay in the 8-10 rep range

Then start adding more excercises ie squats deads pullups

I know its not much, but done lifting in 25-30 mins and exhausted

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    been doing the HIT for a few weeks now and im "off" my gear right now, this is the biggesst iv ever been while im off. Im 225lbs 5'9 10%bf.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Is it really necessary to do a warm up set for every exercise.

I.e Flat bench warm-up set, moderate set almost to failure, then 3rd to failure
    Incline bench warm-up(isnt your chest already warmed up?) working set just shy of failure then set to failure

Just wondering. Is the warm-upo set necessary for every exercise?

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i have my warm up sets before my first exercise but i atill strech to the point i stat to feel a slight burn between exercises. When i first started the HIT i fvcked my chest up because i didnt do enough warming up and streching, im still working around it and progressing a lot but it could have been avoided if i had just streched and warmed up more, I am usually doing 10-15minutes of light cardio before i lifftt to
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Is it really necessary to do a warm up set for every exercise.

I.e Flat bench warm-up set, moderate set almost to failure, then 3rd to failure
    Incline bench warm-up(isnt your chest already warmed up?) working set just shy of failure then set to failure

Just wondering. Is the warm-upo set necessary for every exercise?

Blaz Kavlic is offline Associate Member
    I switched my training up yesterday to HIT and my workout was one of the best I have ever had. I'm at the end of PCT week 2 and this change up was exactly what I needed - it almost felt like I was still on gear. I'm going to give it a go for another few weeks and see what transpires.

Peter32 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Once I have hit the working set to utter complete failure, I give it 2-3mins, then hit a weight I can manage for 15-20reps to failure or just shy of again, to really fill the target muscle with blood. Helps with larger muscle groups, like back, chest, legs. I may do that for 2 sets.
    I've been doing this program for 4 weeks now and noticed some decent gains (decline & incline bench on working sets have gone from 90kg & 60kg not incl. bar to 110kg & 75 8-10 reps) and was wondering how we could progress it after a 6 week cycle, so thanks for the ideas Swifto definitely gonna give this a go.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    BUMP'ing for guys asking about new routines

blummy is offline Junior Member
    I've haven't been doing weightlifting for long, I know the importance of strict proper movement during exercises, always made sure i've done that. Would it be a bad idea to this kind of workout in the beginning?

Would it be better to do something like your Power/Hypertrophy Routine then later on after gaining some mass switch this this kind of workout? Or even cycle it so your not constantly doing this high intesity workout? maybe do 6-8 weeks of this HIT Cruise or deload a little for 2-3 weeks then do the power/hypertrophy to give your body a little extra break? or just hi the HIT being sure to de-load an rest every 6-8 weeks as you said.

Personal opinions?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by blummy View Post
    I've haven't been doing weightlifting for long, I know the importance of strict proper movement during exercises, always made sure i've done that. Would it be a bad idea to this kind of workout in the beginning?

Would it be better to do something like your Power/Hypertrophy Routine then later on after gaining some mass switch this this kind of workout? Or even cycle it so your not constantly doing this high intesity workout? maybe do 6-8 weeks of this HIT Cruise or deload a little for 2-3 weeks then do the power/hypertrophy to give your body a little extra break? or just hi the HIT being sure to de-load an rest every 6-8 weeks as you said.

Personal opinions?
    This is certainly not for someone who is just getting back into training..... I believe this is good for advanced trainees... And by advanced I'm talking skill level, not size....

The power hyper is aimed at everyone else.... It allows more frequent training which will improve skill.... It also give twice the growth phases however less damage will be done per workout when compared to this HIT routine....

If I was getting Back into training I would follow the power hyper routine for a few rotations at least.... Probably 3, and then do a cycle while on the HIT routine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information