josholand is offline Junior Member

Going to the gym 11-12 times a week..

Sooo basically it sounds like too much but hear me out first.. Monday through Fridady I go each morning for about an hour and a half... for Cardio and abs.. then I go again in the afternoon/evening for weight lifting. I sometimes will go a 3rd time in the day once or twice a week late at night for more cardio.. Is that ok? I have soooooo much free time so I want to take advantage of it and get as much as I can from the cycle I am on and check out lots of the hot girls that go there.. anyway just curious if anyone thinks that's too much of if it's ok considering i'm only really doing cardio half those times I go. Thanks!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't see any problem with. Plenty of people do a.m. cardio and p.m. workouts. As long as you're eating enough!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    at some point you gotta let your body rest. growth only happens at rest.

one of the main reasons I lacked growth years ago is I over trained. Once I calmed down a little then the gains came quicker.

Xtrakt0r is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    at some point you gotta let your body rest. growth only happens at rest.

one of the main reasons I lacked growth years ago is I over trained. Once I calmed down a little then the gains came quicker.
    Agreed.. Good advice here...

I used to do the same and only ended up losing a lot of size..

bigoz is offline New Member
    Couldn't imagine doing that. I go 3 times a week and 4 every second week on a mwf and stts split.

Full body each day I lift followed by cardio. I get 48 hours total rest in between workouts before I'm back in the gym

stpete is offline Banned
    Agree w/Times...Don't underestimate the value of rest.

toothache is offline Senior Member
    Outside the gym is where you grow.

don't get me wrong..... i rest too! currently don't have a job and really the only thing I'm doing is going to the gym, resting, hanging with friends sometimes, sleeping until i can't sleep anymore at nights (naturally only sleep about 6 hours) I can't keep this going for too long anyway because it IS exhausting.. Just in the zone at the moment. I will ease up and give my body a break. I'd better find a new secondary hobby haha. Thanks everyone!

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    why are you doing abs 5 days in a row?!

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    why are you doing abs 5 days in a row?!
    i really only do like 1 workout 3 sets 20-30 reps for abs each day... I guess I should just do a full ab workout 2-3 times a week instead of the way I'm doing it? Thanks for your help

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What are your stats and goals?

If you are going a 3rd time to look at girls I guess you aren't really doing a workout, other than for your eyes are you?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by josholand View Post
    i really only do like 1 workout 3 sets 20-30 reps for abs each day... I guess I should just do a full ab workout 2-3 times a week instead of the way I'm doing it? Thanks for your help
    try doing them just once per week, its all they need. and imho you're going overborard on your training in general, think of your joint and connective tissue health

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    What are your stats and goals?

If you are going a 3rd time to look at girls I guess you aren't really doing a workout, other than for your eyes are you?
    I'm 6'2" 208 lbs. guessing i'm around 15% right now but everytime i try to have a trainer check my fat they are busy so i begin my workout... then I can't have them check it afterwards. My goals are to be around 10% or less 195-200lbs if possible within 3 months or so and then become a stripper.

Me checking out girls doesn't mean I just go there and look at girls.. my last workout of the day yesterday was 45 minutes of cardio. prior workout to that in the evening was legs / traps and minimal cardio afterwards.. first workout of the day was 60 mins cardio / abs

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    try doing them just once per week, its all they need. and imho you're going overborard on your training in general, think of your joint and connective tissue health
    you're most likely right i'm sure.... I'm just addicted and having fun that's all, like i said earlier it's time for me to find a secondary hobby! haha. Thanks again for the advice, I'll lay off my abs so much and try them once a week to see if that helps.. I know mainly it's the bf that needs to drop anyway for my abs to be visible so I should have known that!

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member
    Good luck on your career change, your time in the gym is like job pla***ent training! Maybe you can write off your supplements and gym membership

Thread Information