a_bower is offline Junior Member

Lost muscle mass - why?

Hi guys,

been training weights for 5+ years now.
    i train mma 2 times/week and weights 2-3 times/week.
    i weighed around 110kg at christmas and when i started mma a couple of months ago i droppped to around 106kg. I was looking great, still had thick arms and chest and my waist was small and abs were comin through and was feeling strong. i maintained my weight at 106 easily and diet was in check, i even missed meals sometimes and it didnt have any effect in terms of muscle loss.
    recently i took a week off mma training and for some reason i dropped to 101kg in 3 days? i feel like iv lost a shit load of muscle.. i also have to add that i supplemented with a potent b12 sublingual drops just prior to losing the weight. It doesnt really make sense as i usually put on weight when i stop mma or cardio.. im thinking that the b12 may have made me lose all my water? is that possible?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From everything I read, I would say you have lost water weight, not muscle.

Also, I doubt B12 has anything to do with this.

I would check my daily sodium and carb intake, as well daily water intake for a precise answer.

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by a_bower View Post
    Hi guys,

been training weights for 5+ years now.
    i train mma 2 times/week and weights 2-3 times/week.
    i weighed around 110kg at christmas and when i started mma a couple of months ago i droppped to around 106kg. I was looking great, still had thick arms and chest and my waist was small and abs were comin through and was feeling strong. i maintained my weight at 106 easily and diet was in check, i even missed meals sometimes and it didnt have any effect in terms of muscle loss.
    recently i took a week off mma training and for some reason i dropped to 101kg in 3 days? i feel like iv lost a shit load of muscle.. i also have to add that i supplemented with a potent b12 sublingual drops just prior to losing the weight. It doesnt really make sense as i usually put on weight when i stop mma or cardio.. im thinking that the b12 may have made me lose all my water? is that possible?
    if your workign out 5 days a week liek you state, your over training most likley, also DIET IS off if your losing mass and not having othe rmedical issues. add in 2-3 protein drinks ed.

ThatAthlete82 is offline Junior Member
    Were you taking any supplements. Sounds like water weight if you lost it that quickly. If you were taking creatine, which holds water weight in the muscles, this is probably the case.

a_bower is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Yes i did stop taking super pump max for about a week or so and started using Endorush by bsn (although i usually chop and change between pre workout sups and usually dont experience much of a difference in size, only the pump).. also i had a break from all supplement a little while ago and experienced little change then?
    by the sounds of it i think ill put this one down to not enough calories. that week i ate a fair bit but alot of it was fish and low carb meals. Guess i took it for granted and my body could only support the frame i had on a low calorie diet for about 6 weeks before it said no more.
    Main thing i wanted to rule out was the b12.

Thanks

Thread Information