ickythump is offline Member

high intensity interval training: thoughts on amount??

Hey all, as the title suggests, I'm looking forinput on hiit (cardio) to implement during a "cutting" phase...anyone has good results doing it every day? I've read benefits, but of course on one page to the next it all varies...i wanted to do rowing machine, sprints, maybe a jump rope/burpeesb box jump ladder routine i enjoy...all in a week, but i would do it 5 days if it's recommended....thanks everyone
    Last edited by ickythump; 11-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Bump up bump up and get down, bump around....pack it up pack it in, let me begin, i came to win by all means that's a sin

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    I love hiit but if I'm doing it correctly and giving it my all there is no way I can do it every day. I do sprints in the spring and they just destroy my legs. I'm a firm believer that you have to let the body rest and heal up. For me I'll lift one day. Hiit the next an give a day or two off between lifting legs and hiit sprints. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    If your doing real HIIT there is no way you can do it every day... Once or twice a week is all your going to be able to do if your also training legs....

I'm talking weighted sprints here.... Interval training can be done each day with maybe just a day off each week... But that's completely different...

After doing HIIT I feel like I have done a heavy leg session and my legs kill me for 3-5 days after...

I was a bit vague, i meant every lifting day, which for me is mon/tue/thu/fri, Saturday is active recovery...the lift days would not be too devestating as I'm trying to cut, and i would be doing sprints, rows, that ladder routine, maybe something else.....even if i do it for shorter durations, it would still be cardio, I'm just afraid of the gaunt runner look vs the big sprinter look

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ickythump
    I.the lift days would not be too devestating as I'm trying to cut,
    Why alter the intensity of your lifts? Cutting or bulking I'm killing it in the weight room. Google dramatic transformation principle DTP for a killer workout that will really work well for developing muscle definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

I really only seem to be really spent when i lift lower rep heavier weight for strength or mod weight/mod volume...i tried to do heavy weight to builds strength then do rep/wight/rest scheme for hypertrophy, now with more strength and size i should be able to go heavy for more of an aerobic weight lifting and burn fat but not lose too much muscle...hoping i did this right lol.....but, i want to sprint the fat I've inevitably gained while bulking

kingcali is offline New Member
    i do HIIT on a stationary bic.. once a week.. u can perfrom HIIT doing any sort of cardio.. the concept is to give 100% for 30 secs then 75% for one minute 30 secs..with no resting inbetween the two..

10 min warmup at 50%-70%
    1min 30secs at 65%-75%
    after the 1min30sec u pick up the speed to 90%-100% for 30 secs
    after that 30secs drop the speed down to 70% for 1 min 30 secs

repeat that cycle 6-8 times..

at the end of the last cycle finish out with a 5-10 min cool down walk on tredmill or bic...

Thread Information