Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    paul606 is offline Junior Member

Am I over training?

Hey all,

I'm about 10 weeks into my first cycle consisting of 500mg test e/week.
    Before cycle I was always train as followed:

Mon - Chest/bi's
    Tue - Legs
    Thu - Back/tri's
    Fri - Shoulders/abs
    Rest days on all the days in between.

About 4 weeks into my cycle I felt I was recovering much much quicker so I started training as above although 4 days on and 1 days off then repeat.
    It seemed to be working quite well for me until last week I took 2 days off instead of the 1 and today when doing chest I was able to bench so much more than usual.

Normally I flat bench 4 sets of 10 @ 80kg followed by 4 sets of 10 @ 70kg incline.
    Today I was able to do 4 sets of 10 @ 90kg followed by 4 sets of 10 @ 80kg incline.

Was I over training and not allowing enough recovery time in between? I was allowing 5 days before I'd hit the same major muscle group..

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you most probably were. Rest is as important as the workout itself when it comes to muscle growth. Don't be in such a rush... enjoy your off days, go watch a movie, bang some hotties, have a great meal (if you're bulking), catch up with friends and most of all, have a life! You'll be back in the gym soon enough

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    Yes, you most probably were. Rest is as important as the workout itself when it comes to muscle growth. Don't be in such a rush... enjoy your off days, go watch a movie, bang some hotties, have a great meal (if you're bulking), catch up with friends and most of all, have a life! You'll be back in the gym soon enough
    Lol, I do like how you think... However I must disagree with you.

I don't think there is a chance in hell this guy is over training. When you're off cycle, your muscles take at most 48 hours to repair themselves. When you're on cycle, this can be as little as 24 hours.

Also, you say your DB bench got easier because you took an extra day off. Have you ever considered that you are actually getting stronger?

The smartest thing you can do OP is listen to your body. Do you feel ready for the gym? Do any of your joints, bones, ache or hurt? If so, then you've got a pretty good idea.

Shit, my routine is 6 on 1 off and I still have yet to do a cycle. Does this mean I'm over training? Some clueless people would say yes. But you must remember, every individual is different. So listen to your body, that is the best advice anybody can give you.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

I don't think there is a chance in hell this guy is over training. When you're off cycle, your muscles take at most 48 hours to repair themselves. When you're on cycle, this can be as little as 24 hours.
    I think i have to majorly disagree with this point! 48hours? If you're training the muscle fully, it shouldnt be good to go again 2 days later. The DOMs is just the muscle repairing, that doesnt account for the growth period of the muscle, I personally think 7 full days is a bare minimum to rest a particular muscle group.
    24hours whilst cycling? This means I can train chest on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday without overtraining it? I think not!

As you say, everyone is individual, maybe you have amazing recovery abilities, I know that I wouldnt train a muscle more frequently than once a week

Krugerr

A_Grant is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

Also, you say your DB bench got easier because you took an extra day off. Have you ever considered that you are actually getting stronger?

The smartest thing you can do OP is listen to your body. Do you feel ready for the gym? Do any of your joints, bones, ache or hurt? If so, then you've got a pretty good idea.

Shit, my routine is 6 on 1 off and I still have yet to do a cycle. Does this mean I'm over training? Some clueless people would say yes. But you must remember, every individual is different. So listen to your body, that is the best advice anybody can give you.
    24 hrs ?!? I don't know what gear you are on, mate, but I will make sure to try it someday!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Didnt you have another thread just like this?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ining-on-cycle
    Last edited by krugerr; 11-30-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Thread Information