Emerald is offline Associate Member

Training hard and heavy

My work sked allows me plenty of gym time. My personal trainer/co-worker/buddy is an lifelong juicer and advanced bodybuilder. He has me doing one body part everyday, lifting as heavy as possible and doing every set to failure. I'm on 500mg of test-e, 3 pins in, every 7 days. My body is improving but man am I sore. Not like I can't walk, but I'm going for massage tomorrow. I'm struggling with eating enough, but improving there too. Just not used to stuffing myself and feeling bloated. Still in a learning curve for sure. Next week my sked changes and I'm forced to do two parts on gym days over a 4 day split. Which brings me to a question. What is the best muscle grouping over four days?

BBTrevor is offline Junior Member
    "He has me doing one body part everyday, lifting as heavy as possible and doing every set to failure. " Brilliant Quote! That's how I built my body and gained 40 lbs naturally even when I first started training seriously at age sixteen and started to eat six solid meals a day and have three shakes a day along with creatine in water before gear in later teens, failure is how the muscle grows and the earlier you learn that the better. So many guys do two or even three bodyparts a day and only train three days a week or so claiming to be bodybuilders and wonder why they don't grow, these are the guys you see year in and out who actually appear to be getting smaller from over training, alot of them train shoulders and chest on the same day, how can you give a hundred percent when you already pre exhaust the muscle group and are already tired. Being tired and sore is part of it.

I remember being so sore when first building my body after leg day I could barely walk five mins to school and it felt like my legs were on fire for a few days after even with massage and cold bath and icing treatments, these days I use Biofreeze or mineral ice sometimes on sore muscles it really goes a long way and cuts it in half or more but you just have to deal with it, soreness is what keeps most guys away from lifting alot they hate the soreness and pain, but after awhile you get addicted to it and miss it even. Do low impact cardio at night like stairs to get the blood flowing and your apetite up so you are hungry and want to eat more so you don't miss as many meals after bloating yourself, that way about two hours or so after a meal you will be able to eat again, as far as training split I always swore by the classic monday:chest, abs tues: back, traps weds: legs, calves, abs thurs: shoulders, traps fridays: bis and tris, forearms, abs weekends: off though I often switched days and bodyparts up to confuse my body so it would respond and grow faster, also my set, rep, weights ratio varied greatly week to week, if you have to make it four days instead of five you can do your thursday-friday workout together on thursday thats what I always did in a pinch since shoulders is not used in arm training but you might not want to hit shoulders as much as you usually do so you don't go full fatigue and possibly pull something like a liagament with the swinging motion or say bicept curls so keep the movement controlled as possible, thats my two cents, best of luck with your cycle and training and hope you reach all your goals!

Great post BBT, thanks for your input Bro

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBTrevor
    "He has me doing one body part everyday, lifting as heavy as possible and doing every set to failure. " Brilliant Quote! That's how I built my body and gained 40 lbs naturally even when I first started training seriously at age sixteen and started to eat six solid meals a day and have three shakes a day along with creatine in water before gear in later teens, failure is how the muscle grows and the earlier you learn that the better. So many guys do two or even three bodyparts a day and only train three days a week or so claiming to be bodybuilders and wonder why they don't grow, these are the guys you see year in and out who actually appear to be getting smaller from over training, alot of them train shoulders and chest on the same day, how can you give a hundred percent when you already pre exhaust the muscle group and are already tired. Being tired and sore is part of it.

I remember being so sore when first building my body after leg day I could barely walk five mins to school and it felt like my legs were on fire for a few days after even with massage and cold bath and icing treatments, these days I use Biofreeze or mineral ice sometimes on sore muscles it really goes a long way and cuts it in half or more but you just have to deal with it, soreness is what keeps most guys away from lifting alot they hate the soreness and pain, but after awhile you get addicted to it and miss it even. Do low impact cardio at night like stairs to get the blood flowing and your apetite up so you are hungry and want to eat more so you don't miss as many meals after bloating yourself, that way about two hours or so after a meal you will be able to eat again, as far as training split I always swore by the classic monday:chest, abs tues: back, traps weds: legs, calves, abs thurs: shoulders, traps fridays: bis and tris, forearms, abs weekends: off though I often switched days and bodyparts up to confuse my body so it would respond and grow faster, also my set, rep, weights ratio varied greatly week to week, if you have to make it four days instead of five you can do your thursday-friday workout together on thursday thats what I always did in a pinch since shoulders is not used in arm training but you might not want to hit shoulders as much as you usually do so you don't go full fatigue and possibly pull something like a liagament with the swinging motion or say bicept curls so keep the movement controlled as possible, thats my two cents, best of luck with your cycle and training and hope you reach all your goals!
    Yeah that was a good post sound advice!

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    My Current 4-day split:

Mon: Chest/Tris
    Tues: Back/Abs
    Thu: Shoulder/Bis/Abs
    Fri: Legs/Calves

Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    My Current 4-day split:

Mon: Chest/Tris
    Tues: Back/Abs
    Thu: Shoulder/Bis/Abs
    Fri: Legs/Calves

Works for me!
    My experienced training partner told me chest/ tris is a mistake. His philosophy is your triceps are already tired from chest work and will have little left for a hard workout. But, like you said, it works for you and thats all that matters. Thks for your input, always appreciated.

BR0DIE is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald

My experienced training partner told me chest/ tris is a mistake. His philosophy is your triceps are already tired from chest work and will have little left for a hard workout. But, like you said, it works for you and thats all that matters. Thks for your input, always appreciated.
    Everyone reacts different, I've done Chest/Triceps and Back/Biceps since I started lifting at 13 and my arms are my best bodypart. They are almost too big for the rest of me

Thread Information