JohnBoy1 is offline New Member

Workout, diet and supplment help please.

Hi guys im completly new to all this stuff but looking to work out and hard. Ive read lots on diets, training and supplements I could use but when it comes to putting it all together I just seem to loose it. Is there any chance anyone could help me set something up so I can start working on it. I know im asking for alot but im struggling .

Im 20 years old, 5ft 4". 126LB. 12%bf.

Look forward to the replies, and thanks.

P.S. Didnt know where to post this because its asking for a little of everything lol.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy1 View Post
    Hi guys im completly new to all this stuff but looking to work out and hard. Ive read lots on diets, training and supplements I could use but when it comes to putting it all together I just seem to loose it. Is there any chance anyone could help me set something up so I can start working on it. I know im asking for alot but im struggling .

Im 20 years old, 5ft 4". 126LB. 12%bf.

Look forward to the replies, and thanks.

P.S. Didnt know where to post this because its asking for a little of everything lol.
    Alrightly, I'll make an attempt to help you out piece by piece in a simple, efficient means. There will be many back and forths between us.

To start off, how long have you been training? What kind of food do you eat on a daily basis? Do you have any supplements? If so, which ones?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Your TDEE is probably around 2K.

Normally i don't do this for a variety of reasons, but here's a some stuff to get the ball rolling. Tweak it for you up or down depending what your goals are.

2000 Calorie Diet

Meal 1: 30g Oatmeal
    1 scoop protein powder
    Total: (~230/5/25/30)

Meal 2: 100g Banana
    227g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    Total: (~230/0/30/20)

Meal 3: 141g Tuna(1 can)
    2 slices Whole Wheat bread
    10g Mayonnaise
    Total: (~390/10/40/30)

Meal 4: 200g Chicken Breast
    125g Sweet potato
    Green Veggies
    Total: (~360/5/20/45)

Meal 5: 200g Chicken Breast
    125g Sweet potato
    Green Veggies
    Total: (~360/5/20/45)

Meal 6: 200g Apple
    34g Natural Peanut Butter
    Total: (~300/20/35/10)

Meal 7: 2 String Cheese
    Total: (~160/10/0/15)

Total: (~1950/55/170/195)

Exercise routine:

Day one: Delts, triceps, abs
    Day two: Back, traps, rear delts
    Day three: REST
    Day four: Chest, biceps, abs
    Day five: Quads, hams, calves
    Day six: REST

All movements are performed with PERFECT FORM (this is a must IMO)

All rest periods are short (60-90 seconds, 90 seconds being only for the BIG LIFTS - Deadlifts, Leg Press etc...)

All movements are performed as follows with a few obvious exceptions where it is not safe/ possible to do easily;

Set 1 - Warm up/ Feel Set
    Set 2 - Feel Set / Close to failure
    Set 3 - Working set (To failure and beyond, including forced reps, negatives, force negatives, statics pauses)

*One thing to note is that you CANNOT REST DURING YOUR WORKING SET! You go to failure and then you carry on with the help of a spotter (still you must keep tight form as your spotter does the cheating for you), you do not stop and allow the muscle to rest and recover. Your tempo needs to remain there all the way to the death, DO NOT PAUSE AND ALLOW RECOVERY.

Progressive Tension Overload:

Progressive - Adding weight/ reps/ extra stimulus

Tension - Where that weight is going. On the muscle as tension.

Overload - Takining a muscle to failure - overloading the muscle with something it has not before experienced.

Progressive Tension Overload creates adaptation.

Good luck.

JohnBoy1 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

liftology is offline Junior Member
    Well if you are just starting to work out, I would recommend starting strength by Mark Rippetoe to get a good base then after 6 month - a year start a basic bodybuilding split. As for dieting I agree with Mickey, just eat a bit over maintenance but take advantage of those gains your first year, they will be the best.

Thread Information