ChosenGenetics is offline New Member

Your mind is youre own strongest worst enemy.

I just wanted to say a thing or two about gear and lifting. I know I've gotten bigger stronger faster happier... Since starting test. With that being said I am able to lift weights I never thought I'd be using to train with every day. Well, this is not where it stops. The other day, while messing around on some machines with my brother, just warming up and taking our time enjoying an empty gym something happened. I was on a leg press machine and just had several bricks on top of the pin. Idk. Probably not really pushing a lot of weight but getting a burn. Anyway. My bro comes over and starts laughing. I'm like what!? (thinking my results are amazing and 'i know what I'M doing' right?)
    Well he pulls the pin out and moves it down the rack almost to the end. He says push that! I look at him like mf you're crazy. He said 'Do It!!". So I pushed. At first I couldn't even budge it thinking this is dumb joe. He gets fierce and s DO IT *****. So I growl out and rawr. I push that mf and get it going for a good set.
    Blood pumping like crazy now and I'm like that's it? I peg the whole stack and begin to lift again. It's heavy but I CAN do it almost easily. I know it's not unlimited but now I also know that in my mind I was at a good weight to lift but it was nowhere near my potential. After pushing a whole stack on legs I realized waking up the muscle by putting your mind out of the equation will make your workouts so much better.

I'm amateur level at best but working on my beach body without the help of a trainer. I know, "Lift Heavy and Hard.". Well I was. As far as my brain was concerned.
    Being pushed to literally DOMINATE the weights has made me think differently and approach the weight rack in a whole new way.
    If you're lifting heavy, lift heavier. If you're gonna puke, give it a min and get back to it. OWN the weights. Literally Rip your muscles apart. It beneficial to get ****ING ANGRILY PISSED at something and taking it out on the weights.
    Idk. Just an experience I had an hopefully it helps maybe even one person think to not think and just lift MORE and MORE!

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Great post !!!!

I've just written a thread about shocking the body and MOTIVATION!!! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Well done on the weights as well I think the key you said was Potential.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    it takes some time to learn where you can push your body too

Thread Information