poppz is offline Senior Member

dorian yates workout vids

when im doing chest workout i usually do about 6 sets at around 8 reps each on flat bench and same on incline but if im pumped i could get in around 8 sets,same goes for my days for curls,, i could do 9 sets at 6 reps then dropset after each,according to him thats all unecessary, and should be a warmup set or two then a working set, can someone explain,,

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...snity-Training

watch these videos, he will explain....

Dorian believed that after you have maximally stimulated the targeted muscle with one-all-out-set, doing additional sets is not necessary because you have already created the stimulus for muscle growth. When you look at this concept from a scientific approach, it makes perfect sense. A heavy, all-out-set to muscular failure is going to recruit a large number of motor units, thereby overloading a ton of muscle fibers. Overload is the primary stimulus for muscle growth.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Indeed it does make sense. I am going to give it a try soon, hope I have the intensity to make that type of training work for me. Seems like it could revolutionize my training routine and progress. Great vids also.

Moto

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter View Post
    Indeed it does make sense. I am going to give it a try soon, hope I have the intensity to make that type of training work for me. Seems like it could revolutionize my training routine and progress. Great vids also.

Moto
    check out my threasd in the lounge Marcus's Diary, that will show you how I train which is HIT

poppz is offline Senior Member
    ok thnx marcus for the info,i will check it out

Thread Information