Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Inmcorporating tris into chest routine

Just like the title says, going to be adding tri's to chest day. I generally had an arms day but am just switching things up. Chest routine usually involves incline smith, flat dumbells and then slight decline flys and finish off with cables.
    That being said, training triceps right after, is it ok do be doing close grip bench even though you just did it for chest? I know they are two totally different exercises, just want to hear some feedback. Also what would be a good tricep routine to hit after chest, including the close grip bench cause that's my no1.
    Thanks in advance

Soar is offline Productive Member
    I always train tris on chest day, I haven't done the close grip press. I prefer dips and cable pull down but is all personal choice. That with incline, decline and flat bench press feels great the day after.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    I tend to do 10sets for chest when I'm using a traditional split.

Decline 4sets (or flat)
    Incline DB 3 sets
    Flys 3 sets

Last set always to failure on each.

Tris can be 6 sets usually.
    Dips or skull crusher
    Then usually v bar pull downs alternated with rope pull downs each week

smeeto is offline Junior Member
    I have been training tri's and chest on the same day for a few months now. Personally i love it, i feel like it lets me hit my bi's and forearms even more when i work them and don't have to worry about tri's. One thing I've been doing which i love is finishing up chest with reverse grip bench. I feel like it really lets me hammer out the last of my chest strength while also hitting my triceps just as much, or even more, as a tri isolation movement. I also feel like its helped with my lagging upper chests look, but given that it has only been about 2 months that might just be me imagining things.

Thread Information