>Acute< is offline Junior Member

What do you think of this routine?

Day 1: Leg press, clean and press, barbel rows, Lat pull down, rope pull down, rear delt flyes.

Day 2: rest/ abs at home

Day 3: Front squats, bench press, dips, side lateral raises, biceps curls, chest flyes.

Day 4: rest/ abs at home

Repeat<<
    Last edited by >Acute<; 03-22-2013 at 06:24 PM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What exactly are your goals with that routine ? Pretty vague on explaining what exactly youre doing, might be able to give you some better input if you give up a lil more info

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    personally, I'd organize my routines so that I'm hitting one or two major muscle groups per day.

I'm currently on a 3:1 protocol and hit every body part twice a week, more or less.

I think the major problem wiith this plan is a lack of focus. It seems you are hitting prettty much your entire body every time you go to the gym.

Here's what I do:

Day 1: bench, incline/decline bench, flies, rope pull downs (tricep), flys, weighted ab crunchies
    Day 2: leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, calves, hip adductions, hip abductions
    Day 3: seated rows, wide bar pull downs, military press, shrugs/shoulder flies, one arm curls, reverse situps (or back extensions)
    Day 4: rest

let me know what you think
    ---Roman

This routine would be for building muscle/ strength/ losing fat. I'd focus on one goal at a time and just adjust the number of sets per exercise and rep range according to the goal.

The logic behind this routine is based on the studies that show how protein synthesis peaks 24 hours after working out and by 36 hours it's pretty much back to baseline. So it's kind of a full body workout I'd be doing every 48 hours

I also feel if I workout every other day, my workouts are always amazing as I recover very well.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Push/pull/legs works for me, if I'm feeling like I need a rest I take a rest and the continue back where I left off. So depending how you feel you can work body parts once or twice a week.

I just cycle on and off for 4 weeks I might go every day with only 1 rest day in a 7 day week. then I may (which I'm currently doing) 2 on 1 off which is nice for a de load for some extra recovery time, I've found this routine to best suit me as I typically prefer hitting everything twice a week, it is not day dependant so you just pick up where you left off, and you can take rest days as needed and not as told to so to speak. And push pull legs still allows for a fair amount of focus on each muscle group

Thread Information