Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Deadication is offline New Member

Question Looking for Deadlift Critique - Video Included

I've pulled my back twice (once lifting and once playing kickball <-- pathetic) looking to get back to moving a respectable amount of weight off the ground against it's will while maintaining great form to prevent another injury. I've included my most recent pulls (4/18/13)

W/O was
    125 x 12 - Touch n Go
    175 x 8 - Touch n Go
    225 x (1 x 5) - Reset each pull
    275 x (1 x 3) - Reset each pull
    305 x 1 (Video1)
    325 x 1 (Video2)

In hindsight I wish I had used lighter shorts in contrast to the back-round so it would be easier to analyze hip and knee movement throughout the lift.

Thanks for taking a look, any help is much appreciated and +rep'd

Edit: Oi! It says I am unable to post URLs until I have a certain amount of post counts. I'll try and spend the next few posting random encouragement or snide remarks in every subforum

Last edited by Deadication; 04-19-2013 at 12:57 PM.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Normally, as a PT I’m able to critique my clients when they do deadlift I can help improve their form or tell them that they are doing it correctly. However, since your using a trap bar it’s hard to see your form.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Normally, as a PT I’m able to critique my clients when they do deadlift I can help improve their form or tell them that they are doing it correctly. However, since your using a trap bar it’s hard to see your form.
    Ah, damn. Tried to modify the thread title just now to prevent that mislead again for others but I couldn't (or I am too stupid to find it).

Next week I have:
    Heavy Squats
    Stiff Leg DLs (BB)
    Good Morning
    Weighted Wall Sits

If I upload the Stiff-leg Deadlifts in here, would you care to take a look at them for me?

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Second video looked good nice job. Do you like the trap bar alot? I have never liked that kind of trap bar.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Second video looked good nice job. Do you like the trap bar alot? I have never liked that kind of trap bar.
    Thanks and yes I use the trap bar for dead lift every other week - I get less stress on my lower back and there is no awkward change of leveraging strength during the maneuver on the decline (past the knees), therefor I can drop the weight more controlled and to the benefit of having more muscles under stress longer each rep.

I've watched all this guys' videos on ********* and really respect his input on most of the compound lifts. Here's his take on the Trap Bar DL

I also go into shrugs with fatty grips on the trap bar right after; so its kind of a 2 for 1 efficiency.
    Last edited by Deadication; 04-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Information