Thread: Take a break?

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member

Take a break?

Workout question (i think)

I've been sent on a business trip, first one in many years. One week away from home.

Should I take advantage of being away from my normal routines and just rest up and try to eat best I can?

Or should I be in the hotel gym trying to replicate my routine or change it up a bit being in a strange place with a screwy schedule?

Just got done with today's conference and I'm back in a hotel room feeling guilty because I'm not working out.

So, should I work out or take a break? Note that I have not had a break for more than three or four days in about two years (and that was out of my control).

Thanks!

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Totally up to you

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Take a break man... the rest will be good for your body and you'll be ready to hit the gym hard when you get back. Just keep your diet in check and you'll be good.

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    I would take the break.. although I tend to save my week off for vacation time so you can enjoy yourself better.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    For me, if I couldn't get the workout in that I wanted to I would rather not lift at all. It looks like everyone feels similar.

I would just do some morning cardio or something simple like that so I didn't feel too lazy and skip the half assed lifting.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    I would take the week off. Most hotel gyms are all elipticals, treadmills, and sometimes a crappy nautilus or two. In other words, usually a waste of time if I'm trying to hit the weights hard. Cardio on the other hand? Have at it!

Moto

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    Thanks everyone!

Decided to take a break, and yes, the gym there sucks. I feel kinda flat and lazy but ill make up for it next week.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I take 5-7 days in a row off once sometimes twice a year. I love it. I come back and I get so gnarly sore and I am real strong and rested. In my opinion take the time off man you will be stoked!

Thread Information