Adam_david is offline Junior Member

Cant stop eating?!? Wth?

Is it just me? After I come off a cut and have extremely low body fat I have seemingly uncontrollable hunger and cravings. Like last time it was skippy natural peanut butter. If b up eating it in my sleep! Until I gained a little weight back and it slacked off. I feel like it was my body trying to achieve homeostasis and get back to what it considered balanced. Anyone else experience e this? Anyway to ward it off?

Could it be that fat release leptin with helps keep appetite under control and ghrelin (which u have higher levels of in u r under weight or malnourished) causes u to b uncontrollably hungry After cutting u have less fat so less leptin therefore less appetite control and could b under weight with a touch of malnutrition causing more ghrelin which in turn cause strong hunger?

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    I would say yes for leptin/ghrelin thing. Apetite is a side effect of low leptin and everyone has got different set point a.k.a comfort zone. If you re not naturally ripped, you d have hard time staying at single digit bf.

Do u think the body would adjust to a new homeostasis on this matter? To where the hormones were more balanced without adding to much more body fat?

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    I think so....to a degree. Although it doesnt happen overnight. Your body will also adjust to higher caloric intake being able to eat more and stay leaner. I see how my metabolic rate changes every year - last summer i was cutting at 2300 cals and 189 lb, this year however i never drop below 2800-2900 staying at 185 lb significantly bigger and leaner. Ive seen it with clients/other people too. I have a guy that felt best at 18ish % bf and now year and a half later he's perfectly comfortable at 12 % visible abs and no food cravings. The leaner youd manage to be, the more u could eat and the more often you would cheat without negative effects. My .02 $

I agree with u. If just makes sense The body loves to be "normal" ( although I've yet to discover what that is). Thank u. I appreciate it

Thread Information