Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member

1/1/14 I was 180 lbs now I am 228 lbs. couple questions for anyone who has the time

Hey guys I haven't been active on this board in a few years (i've been on here and there but not like before) Anyway here's the deal, I was in Jail from Sep '13 - Jan. 14 I went from 205 lbs down to 180... Since then I have been taking care of my new baby daughter and have neglected myself big time! As you can see by the numbers.. I now weight like 228 lbs.. (about the heaviest i've been once before in my life) I plan on changing this now and have been back to the gym now for about 8 days. We head to Hawaii in January as a yearly thing so I told myself I will get in the best shape possible by then.

I need to hit the gym 2 times a day 5-6 times a week so here are my options:

#1 - I can wake up at 5 a.m. and go do 1 hour cardio on an empty stomach - then I can hit the gym again around 11 a.m. for weight training and another 30 minutes cardio

#2 - I can go to the gym at 11 a.m. for weight training and 30 min cardio - then I can hit the gym again at night sometime.

#3 - I can go to the gym at 11 a.m. for weight training and 30 min cardio - then I can go for 1 hour cardio at night

Does the above even matter too much which order? Or is it just what works best for me?

I believe I am 25% body fat... maybe even 30% I already plan on hitting the diet board to get different ideas on my nutrition. I've watched milos videos but I think i'll re watch them today..

ANY thoughts, ideas, suggestions to help me achieve my goal regarding weight training / cardio.... times of day to go / durations etc.. would be awesome! Thanks

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    damn... maybe i need to go to the steroids questions / answers board to get help? Seems this board is dead or nobody has any input

jesse4466 is offline Member
    You can try posting in the Q&A section as well, that always gets more responses.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Slower section here. There are so many factors here, but are you planning on cutting all the way till then? Personally a huge emphasis on weight training won't do you as much good in a calorie deficit. If anything you could do something simple, maybe 3 times a week, full body or just a split upper lower or push pull legs. Then other days do double sessions of cardio. Get a little extra calories in before weight training sessions. Have possible a blend of LISS and HIIT. LISS for your fasted morning cardio. Not going to get too much into detail here, but if you want more help setting it up you can let me know.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Slower section here. There are so many factors here, but are you planning on cutting all the way till then? Personally a huge emphasis on weight training won't do you as much good in a calorie deficit. If anything you could do something simple, maybe 3 times a week, full body or just a split upper lower or push pull legs. Then other days do double sessions of cardio. Get a little extra calories in before weight training sessions. Have possible a blend of LISS and HIIT. LISS for your fasted morning cardio. Not going to get too much into detail here, but if you want more help setting it up you can let me know.
    x2, find your TDEE, and eat under it. I use myfitnesspal to track my caloric intake.

Thread Information