Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By *mikro*
  • 2 Post By bigrich4
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Making progress...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member

Making progress...

This thread is more or less my own realization about making progress in the gym. Most of us start out young and full of piss and vinegar. We watch others in the gym and figure that's the way to do it....maybe ask a few questions and there you have it.....we learn how to pick it up and put it down. Next......we start looking at magazines or (now anyway) go online for inspiration and knowledge. Me personally (prior to joining the forum) more or less did the same old routines over and over.. I trained hard but after awhile gained little. Once I was exposed to the forum I became refocused and soaked up whatever Marcus or Ronnie R had to offer. They both trained differently and I learned alot from both... the only downside is that I can't just go to the gym and train with them which still leaves me to coach myself. This is what makes progress difficult at times because you can't always step back and see yourself. Most of us tend to gravitate towards are favorite exercises......why? Because we are good at them. I now train at a gym where the owner has his CSCS and was an accomplished PL. I have him help me write up my routines and cycle them as well as criticize my form in an effort to maximize and perfect it. Having someone train you in BB or PL helps tremendously just as it does any athlete in any sport. If you aren't happy with your progress then look for the people who can help get you where you want to be, its worth the effort.
    Khazima, Oki-Des, bigrich4 and 2 others like this.

*mikro* is offline Junior Member
    i agree with a lot you've said here. When i started out ,5 years ago, it was a rake (now I'm about the size of 3 rakes) and i was kinda shy asking for a spot or advice from anybody. i was a little intimidated even. but that did motivate me a little. i would see what others were doing and emulate some of their workouts and gained very little very slowly because i wasn't serious at all. little by little i learned about nutrition and after a while i wasn't the smallest guy in the gym and my confidence grew. this last year has been the turning point for me. I'm your typical hard gainer but I'm moving up in either weight or reps every week because I'm keeping track of everything (yes i have a workout diary lol) I came on here last week and asked for help with a back routine and both you and Marcus and give me some great ideas and I implemented them yesterday. i thanked marcus yesterday and here's my chance to thank you Buster! I love the HIT training and the rest pause and the drops. Without coming on this forum and being motivated from guys like you I know that I wouldn't be able to take my training to the next level. I'm obsessed with training like never before. its all i think about. my gf says i have a problem lol. you said that you soaked up whatever marcus or ronnie had to offer - well maybe now others will be soaking up what you have to offer so thanks again I enjoyed writing this.
    Khazima likes this.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was the same man, started working out with a bunch of bro's in rehab and made some good gains but then i just kept doing the same thing without focusing on nutrition or improving training. Once i learnt to eat and train i was off, constant progression since. luckily i didn't spend years in the dark about diet and training like many gym goers do.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    If I was a BBer I would be in heaven on this site. Unfortunately I am not.

Learning how to properly use AAs from users like Marcus (Dbol recomendations to use) and applying their years of experience to accelerate my program by not needing trial and error.

I recovered 70% of what I lost in less than a year (due to Primary Hypogonadal over 6-10 years) which to me is amazing. I doubt that recovery would have occured over my lifetime without input from guys willing to share their knowledge.

All the guys here in Cebu I hang with want to know what the hell I have done to make such a drastic change. I just smile and give thanks to the guys on here who give give give.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Sense ive been cleared by my doc, im about where i was prior, and stronger on the squat. I first used this site for diet and i was able to go from 220 lbs to 177 lb.
    That was a little to small for me so i got back up to 195 (thats my ideal weight)
    back in 2009 when i join here i only had a bench and adjustable DB's. But now i gotta say, my garage kicks ass. I have it all pretty much.
    I havent posted in awhile, but i need you guys now for motivation because i have a long list of reasons to just suck. I have 5 kids, work grave yard, just recovered enough to train, also i have diabetes so food choices suck for getting "big" and my biggest problem is i train alone and thats why i come here.... all you guys motivate me big time.
    Khazima and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4 View Post
    Sense ive been cleared by my doc, im about where i was prior, and stronger on the squat. I first used this site for diet and i was able to go from 220 lbs to 177 lb.
    That was a little to small for me so i got back up to 195 (thats my ideal weight)
    back in 2009 when i join here i only had a bench and adjustable DB's. But now i gotta say, my garage kicks ass. I have it all pretty much.
    I havent posted in awhile, but i need you guys now for motivation because i have a long list of reasons to just suck. I have 5 kids, work grave yard, just recovered enough to train, also i have diabetes so food choices suck for getting "big" and my biggest problem is i train alone and thats why i come here.... all you guys motivate me big time.
    That's good stuff rich! I myself had triplets late in life and had to put in a home gym. Balancing family is def NO easy task and you sometimes feel like you have to fight tooth and nail for time. It wont always be that way. Sounds like you are getting in the fundementals and you have some goals set.....thats progress.
    bigrich4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *mikro* View Post
    i agree with a lot you've said here. When i started out ,5 years ago, it was a rake (now I'm about the size of 3 rakes) and i was kinda shy asking for a spot or advice from anybody. i was a little intimidated even. but that did motivate me a little. i would see what others were doing and emulate some of their workouts and gained very little very slowly because i wasn't serious at all. little by little i learned about nutrition and after a while i wasn't the smallest guy in the gym and my confidence grew. this last year has been the turning point for me. I'm your typical hard gainer but I'm moving up in either weight or reps every week because I'm keeping track of everything (yes i have a workout diary lol) I came on here last week and asked for help with a back routine and both you and Marcus and give me some great ideas and I implemented them yesterday. i thanked marcus yesterday and here's my chance to thank you Buster! I love the HIT training and the rest pause and the drops. Without coming on this forum and being motivated from guys like you I know that I wouldn't be able to take my training to the next level. I'm obsessed with training like never before. its all i think about. my gf says i have a problem lol. you said that you soaked up whatever marcus or ronnie had to offer - well maybe now others will be soaking up what you have to offer so thanks again I enjoyed writing this.
    The Guy who studies and applies what he learns will def be able to find his way much quicker then the ones who simply just "lift ".

Thread Information