Thread: Traps

bina is offline Female Member

Traps

I think I might be using my traps while lifting other muscles because I never lift traps yet they are growing. My husband likes to call them "beefy" but I like to call them big for my size!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2803810968.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	156658

I don't have bruises on my back...I tried to smear my tattoos out

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by bina View Post
    I think I might be using my traps while lifting other muscles because I never lift traps yet they are growing. My husband likes to call them "beefy" but I like to call them big for my size!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2803810968.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	156658

I don't have bruises on my back...I tried to smear my tattoos out
    Do you do deadlifts? Or upright rows? Traps are used during many lifts

Upright rows but not usually deadlifts. If I focus more on my upright rows can I get it out of the traps. I am really self conscious of them. I probably shouldn't be but am.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try to keep your shoulders down and back when doing your upright rows. You'll probably have to use lighter weights to get the feel. When you go heavier with upright rows or side laterals or just about any shoulder isolation movement you can turn it into a trap movement real easy. Flex the lats and hold those shoulders down.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think they look good tbh, i like traps on a girl (obviously to an extent). Some people are just more gifted with traps, for example mine are a lot bigger than my friends and all i do is deadlift, while he does shrugs and upright rows as well as deadlifts.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think they look symmetrical to you. Try implementing the tips suggested and keep the reps high so that your not targeting size. I think he's just jealous!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I have to agree with Buster. From what I see in your pic, they look good and appropriately sized for your delts.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry too much, they are proportioned, plus a nice set of traps on a women is hot. Like mentioned above, try and focus on keeping the traps as minimally involved as possible. If I remember correctly, you are on or just finished a cycle? This will exaggerate the growth of your traps usually, they should settle down a bit once you are off cycle for a bit. Plus the leaner you get, the more visible the trap separation will become.

Thank you for all the tips I really appreciate it. I am going to to go lighter and try to feel the shoulder exercises in the shoulder and see if it helps. I am starting a new exercise program so it will be easy to incorporate. I am at the beginning of a cycle right now. About 2.5 weeks in.
    My husband is excited about them so it is definitely all my issue. His opinion is like all yours...a girl looks good with traps. He was pointing out a separation of the muscle yesterday while I was doing bicep curls.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50
    Try to keep your shoulders down and back when doing your upright rows. You'll probably have to use lighter weights to get the feel. When you go heavier with upright rows or side laterals or just about any shoulder isolation movement you can turn it into a trap movement real easy. Flex the lats and hold those shoulders down.
    I will put thought into this. I always try to keep them back but didn't really take extra caution with keeping them down. I will try this. Thank you

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    Nice traps.

Thread Information