Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 3 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Overtraining -What's good about it? nothin? some things?

Overtraining -What's good about it? nothin? some things?

Science, or google agrees that over training can lead to all the bad things google has listed. -strong thirst, fatigue, persistent muscle soreness, depression, intensification of personality traits, easily sick, loss of coordination.

i see all kinds of people saying the acceptance of over training as an idea is bull shit.

even while on a cycle one can experience over training?

Is there anything good about it? even sometimes?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Of course if your over training you will know because you will be extremely fatigued and your gains will slow to a crawl
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    There is such a thing as over training IMHO

It all depends on how you train and how your body responds to it. If you train hard and intense you really need to take breaks and have a few weeks taking it easy to help with recovery, a pullback after a 6 week intense training protocol is good and will help you recover.

For me the only way to grow the way I want is to train at these extremes and push my body to its limits but I do take pullback weeks to recover and repair my CNS, it only becomes a problem when you don't listen to your body.
    almostgone likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I feel that most ppl under train and think they are working out hard. I was that way until ^^^them two explained how to really kill it. They also explained that there is nothing wrong with taking a break if your body needs it.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr
    I feel that most ppl under train and think they are working out hard. I was that way until ^^^them two explained how to really kill it. They also explained that there is nothing wrong with taking a break if your body needs it.
    correct... You do not grow in the gym you grow when you rest. Train hard and rest as hard or harder
    marcus300, DCI and almostgone like this.

nice thank you all

Blog Entries
    There is nothing good about overtraining.

If you want to test your limits (which you should periodically) you would do an over-reaching workout, then pull back to allow for recovery.

You can either train hard or long but not both as you will eventually reach a point of diminishing returns.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    It's happened to me and it is not fun! Takes a long time for your body/CNS to recover - especially doing HIT! As explained above!
    almostgone likes this.

ok, thanks

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I think people over train in regard to volume, but at the sake of intensity. Doing 20-30 working sets of a muscle group can overload the CNS and not the muscle. To me, that is overtraining. Add some weight to the bar, grit your teeth, and ****ing go all out in a set or two. Doubt you'll be doing 20 working sets with increased intensity.

You still need time to recover outside of the gym, but the workout will be short and to the ****ing point.

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    Most the guys covered it
    But you need rest if you hope to accomplish anything

I dont really see a point to trying to over train anyhow, like mentioned nothing good comes from it. Being on gear doesnt matter either, you still need to rest

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SOULSELL View Post
    Science, or google agrees that over training can lead to all the bad things google has listed. -strong thirst, fatigue, persistent muscle soreness, depression, intensification of personality traits, easily sick, loss of coordination.

i see all kinds of people saying the acceptance of over training as an idea is bull shit.

even while on a cycle one can experience over training?

Is there anything good about it? even sometimes?
    Of course over-training is real and the biggest thing you have to worry about is changes in the function of immune cells! For up to 3 days after a workout that's too intense and/or too long, a flood gate can remain open allowing Toxins, such as viruses and bacteria to assault your immune system.

Over-training causes chronic inflammation and free radical damage. This results in rapid aging and the most noticeable sign is a decrease in white blood cells count and antibodies, which are needed to fight off infections, etc.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i recover more quickly on cycle, but still make sure to take enough rest days.

on cycle, i follow a three on one off protocol. off cycle is two on one off. i'm tempted to even go to the kel kel model of eod. whoever said it above was right - listen to your body and nip joint problems and plateaus in the bud.

i had no idea, it could get me sick. that sounds bad. and i agree Nova. heck ya, i notice that if i rest a little I can begin to overcome a plateaus. something about having a bench in my living room really helps i think.

Thread Information