Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ChemyoDude
  • 1 Post By bwandrade
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Full body Split - the new fad?

ChemyoDude is offline Junior Member

Full body Split - the new fad?

Is this full body split a fad? I see how people have started doing full body 5-6 days a week lately. And it's interesting to me but how good can you really work a muscle doing such low volume on a day?

IV been doing push pull legs push pull legs split for years and it works but whatever muscle is part of the split that day I'm hitting hard and I can feel some soreness the next day along with getting a good pump while working it. If the volume on is so spread out how could you achieve any of that?

The full body split seems interesting but I question how effective it is.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gallowmere is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemyoDude View Post
    Is this full body split a fad? I see how people have started doing full body 5-6 days a week lately. And it's interesting to me but how good can you really work a muscle doing such low volume on a day?

IV been doing push pull legs push pull legs split for years and it works but whatever muscle is part of the split that day I'm hitting hard and I can feel some soreness the next day along with getting a good pump while working it. If the volume on is so spread out how could you achieve any of that?

The full body split seems interesting but I question how effective it is.

Thoughts?

What you’re usually going to see with these is higher intensities as well. No I don’t mean the stupid ass “bruh, so intense” definition. I mean higher weight in relation to maximal strength output.

Also, the body works in a continuum. We need to get away from this mentality of every workout, every meal being some kind of huge difference maker. That’s not how any of this works. Evenly distributed volume through the week has been shown to be just as effective (and even more so for some metrics) as trashing a bodypart once or twice per week and calling it good.

ChemyoDude is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    What you’re usually going to see with these is higher intensities as well. No I don’t mean the stupid ass “bruh, so intense” definition. I mean higher weight in relation to maximal strength output.

Also, the body works in a continuum. We need to get away from this mentality of every workout, every meal being some kind of huge difference maker. That’s not how any of this works. Evenly distributed volume through the week has been shown to be just as effective (and even more so for some metrics) as trashing a bodypart once or twice per week and calling it good.
    Yeah iv always been in the destroy a body part 2 times a week camp.

Squatbutt likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I enjoy doing a full body upper workout i mean the intensity isnt there obviously but the volume and pump is very satisfying i love the way i look with a full pump

bwandrade is offline New Member
    I've been doing full body splits 3 times a week on my cutting, it's great to keep your muscle while dieting, it's short, you don't put too much stress on your body that's already in caloric deficit and do just enough work to keep your gains. About putting on some mass, I think it could work for beginners or even people with a little more experience, but I really doubt that you could give enough stimuli with this split and recover for the next workout if you are advanced and carry a lot of muscle.
    Last edited by bwandrade; 02-03-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    if your an advanced lifter that lifts with intensity , and your used to any sort of DC training, HIT training, or past failure training. full body will not work at all . even upper lower splits barely work. I've tried it all. if your hitting a max effort set on a heavy push session, there is no way your going to in the same session also hit a max effort set for a pull movement, and then a leg movement all in the same workout. impossible .. if you could actually do it , then your. not training hard enough imo.

however, they work fine for newer lifters, or lighter lifters that prefer long voluminous workouts over intensity. or for guys that are just in a maintenance phase and just going for the pump over going for max intensity and progressive overload .

its just another tool in the tool box to use when the time or situation is right
    bwandrade and KINGKONG like this.

Thread Information